Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Project nova aka Dust 514
10-27-2018, 02:35 AM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2018 02:36 AM by CptKirby.)
RE: Project nova aka Dust 514
Thanks APP

Quote:There's this roving barbarian horde of people that want something deeper than a triple-A game. They need a home...

This part of the quote isn't exactly wrong. I haven't played a multiplayer shooter since Planetside 2.

[Image: curby.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2018, 05:50 PM
(10-27-2018 02:35 AM)CptKirby Wrote:  Thanks APP

Quote:There's this roving barbarian horde of people that want something deeper than a triple-A game. They need a home...

This part of the quote isn't exactly wrong. I haven't played a multiplayer shooter since Planetside 2.

The dude has forgotten that those games were console and that a bigger fps came to ps4 and has not cut the mustard well at all. I just don't think that there are as many multi platform gamers out there that CCP would like to think there is.

Planetside 2 has had its glory days and has been in decline the last few years. I don't think it ever really took off on console anyway.

PS2 game has the best assortment of vehicles and guns but the gameplay is often bland as its just zergs and uneven fights most of the time. Nowdays i don't play PS2 to capture bases because that meta is meaningless. I don't need huge certs. I have everything i need on all my kit to kill efficiently. Its kind of like in MAG when you had nothing left to buy from the depot.

I just compete with myself to improve my stats on the guns i use. Flipping bases back and forth is for the people i like to shoot at. I don't even squad up much anymore, mainly solo infantry competing with myself.

The PS2 gun play as pure infantry is best of any fps i have played, even MAG. In some fights, its still the closest i can get to a MAG domination (which was my favourite MAG mode). Defending bases like regent rock garrison for several hours is as good as it can get in ps2 now. Or a decent tech plant fight. Or playing light assault defending a biolab for a few hours.

I don't mind sitting in a lightning tank at times if i am feeling lazy. I remember when Stylie got a 77 (its really ironic it was 77 if my memory is correct, maybe its wrong) streak sitting in a helo attacking Absheron Refinery. If i sit static in a tank racking up dozens of kills it sorta reminds me of that!

I just cant see Nova filling that niche any better than PS2 or anything that came before. For instance, it has no metagame to start with, which is what Eve and Dust both had.

I dunno that it can succeed but i will at least try it.

[Image: qUbK2dc.jpg?1]
MURDER, was the case that they gave me.
Find all posts by this user
10-29-2018, 05:02 PM
Oof 16 v 16

10-29-2018, 05:26 PM
not even 32v32? that sucks

ROFL- for every one that falls a thousand shall rise to take his place
"fear us for we are a machine of death.
a machine of destruction.
we.are.the machine."

Lord of waffles and waffle like dishes
11-03-2018, 02:02 PM
Lol Dust was always 16vs16. Just had to put people on the bench.
11-05-2018, 05:47 PM
CCP Rattati:

"Many people, and I’m naming no names, believe that Dust 514 should have been on PC, not on PlayStation,” Árnason says. “Obviously it was a strategic diversification for us to do that. I’m definitely happy for us to be back within our natural home of PC now. I’m an FPS fan and I believe that PC is the natural environment for FPS. There’s 80 million FPS players on PC. I think a console is a sub-par system [for shooters]. And, of course, this is where the Eve community is.”

Yeah seems legit

11-05-2018, 07:21 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2018 07:22 PM by CUSE.)
Im just looking for a game that has big clan battles and meta sub plot where the fighting means something. Very rarely do those types of games come out on console. I went from dust to planetside then Ark. Now that Ark is pretty much dead i don't know what dafuq to play now.
11-05-2018, 09:48 PM
(11-05-2018 07:21 PM)CUSE Wrote:  Im just looking for a game that has big clan battles and meta sub plot where the fighting means something. Very rarely do those types of games come out on console. I went from dust to planetside then Ark. Now that Ark is pretty much dead i don't know what dafuq to play now.

This is why I play single player games now.

As weird as it sounds for how crappy dust was it ruined all other shooters for me.

[Image: MaddenPS2_zpswreyu65x.png]
11-08-2018, 11:05 AM
not getting a console release which kinda sucks for some here, I will be playing it on PC but don't get on the hype train yet I bet it takes 2 years to get to a decently playable state when the beta/ alpha or however they launch it happens. I just started playing EVE again

[Image: 76561198008010128.png]

[Image: 5428010618014145457.png]

Blog: http://gobbybobbyy.blogspot.co.uk/
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/gobbybobby
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user