Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
New to Planetside 2
05-11-2014, 04:08 PM
RE: New to Planetside 2
(05-11-2014 03:14 PM)NewOldMan456 Wrote:  I am fighting the Red Menance wherever they may be. Connery NC REPRESENT!

So how are we supposed to get numbers and recruit with our KEQ members playing all over the place?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2014, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2014 04:21 PM by NewOldMan456.)
Because I want the satisfaction that every person I heal has an incredibly small chance to get back in the fight and kill Gobby.
05-11-2014, 04:29 PM
(05-11-2014 04:06 PM)Cavani1EE7 Wrote:  I do not trust 2< kdr people so everything you said after that 1.6 doesn't matter.
Get good.

And don't take me wrong, if you've got a 2kdr, you're just... Almost decent. LoL

KDR means shit in PS2...XP/minute is the key....Ray wins there..

in PS2 most pure infantry players, even high level ones, don't even get close to 2 let alone 1.5, its the nature of the game...pure pilots have the highest KDR's...followed by pure tank spammers....

look at Ray, he's level 100 but i don't think he has 1KDR but he still does better than any one of us because he gets more XP/minute...Bobzor from MAG who plays with us occasionally pulls a 3+ but his style is extremely passive...he's willing to stay in one spot just reviving people for hours, and picking up a kill here and there but never or rarely dying...my playstyle is more in your face...GobbyBob runs infiltrator which means naturally he's oing to be easier to kill...

someone made one of those types of threads on the PS2 forums, like with your logic, and lol, they got stomped on...because this ain't no round based arena shooter...sure, a high KDR is nice, but because there is no round it is really meaningless..because you can login, get 5 kills with no deaths and logout...stat padding is much easier in PS2 than in any other shooter i've played, if thats what you play for...

that jumpman type logic "your have no opinion if kdr < 2" that your talking about means very little in PS2...the game never ends and no one is interested in player leaderboards as a result...

a good player in PS2 has good situational awareness, follows orders and goes after territory strategically...and equally importantly, knows when to fall back when outnumbered...only to come back to cap the same base once the enemy moves on...

you'll see what i mean when you eventually get to play....

[Image: qUbK2dc.jpg?1]
MURDER, was the case that they gave me.
05-11-2014, 04:31 PM
(05-11-2014 04:21 PM)NewOldMan456 Wrote:  Because I want the satisfaction that every person I heal has an incredibly small chance to get back in the fight and kill Gobby.

don't worry i kill Bob enough with friendly fire...hey what's your NC slot called? I am SeryiVolk...i am the leader of SVER hehe

05-11-2014, 04:41 PM
I kidd I kidd, altho I still consider obviously as a slayer/tryhard have a high kdr way better than have everything else, except KpM (kills per match or something like that.

But yet don't pick me wrong, I would rather have teamplayers than tryhards in my team, I do know they're 70% of the times more useful than killers.

By the way, Imo that revive thing is PURE BS, someone could just run with a medic sticked on his ass letting him never die - awful.

*My Pov is obv based on my experiences in MAG and y not DUST, and maybe Warhawk has something to do with kdr - teamplayers too
05-11-2014, 04:46 PM
(05-11-2014 04:41 PM)Cavani1EE7 Wrote:  I kidd I kidd, altho I still consider obviously as a slayer/tryhard have a high kdr way better than have everything else, except KpM (kills per match or something like that.

But yet don't pick me wrong, I would rather have teamplayers than tryhards in my team, I do know they're 70% of the times more useful than killers.

By the way, Imo that revive thing is PURE BS, someone could just run with a medic sticked on his ass letting him never die - awful.

*My Pov is obv based on my experiences in MAG and y not DUST, and maybe Warhawk has something to do with kdr - teamplayers too

yes i understand exavtly where you are coming from, believe me...

and i also think the revive take back is BS but when i happens i don't complain either hehe and you'll feel the same on PS4 because psycologically, it feels better to have a higher KDR...

you're absoutely right though, like MAX suits who have good weapons and heavy cert investment in the class, can be in a bio lab for instance, rack up a shitload of kills, die, get rezzed, then repeat...those players have a skewed KDR as a result...

the game is very much like MAG in scale of battle, but other than the other similarity of 3 factions, the similarity ends there and its more a cooperative team shooter than anything else...

05-11-2014, 05:01 PM
Lol serial if it'd happen to me I would aswell surely not dislike it, but the StatsPadding thing gets on my nerve...

One thing I surely know about PS2:
It has a world in it just like MAG ;D
05-11-2014, 05:09 PM
(05-11-2014 05:01 PM)Cavani1EE7 Wrote:  Lol serial if it'd happen to me I would aswell surely not dislike it, but the StatsPadding thing gets on my nerve...

One thing I surely know about PS2:
It has a world in it just like MAG ;D

that it does.the world is like MAG...but was more like MAG when launched...less now....but still more than any other game....

original PS2, the base called The Crown made attacking Absheron look easy, if you were in the faction attacking The Crown...

i remember battles at the original Crown that lasted 4 weeks+..made Dom look soft...

05-11-2014, 09:55 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2014 09:56 PM by SerialNumber1221.)
very good session this morning, i got a rage quit msg from recursion saying i made a player rage quit hehe lmfao i'll post that streak if i get time later...

we also picked up a few new players, interestingly, one was from MAG - PRO hehe

i think i will actively try to grow the outfit over the next few months...hehe let's get some more PC players into the clan eh?

05-11-2014, 10:53 PM
(05-11-2014 09:55 PM)SerialNumber1221 Wrote:  very good session this morning, i got a rage quit msg from recursion saying i made a player rage quit hehe lmfao i'll post that streak if i get time later...

we also picked up a few new players, interestingly, one was from MAG - PRO hehe

i think i will actively try to grow the outfit over the next few months...hehe let's get some more PC players into the clan eh?

Yea, those guys knew who KEQ were from MAG..., "Oh, you mean you're the MAG KEQ?, I'm just gonna drop my Tags, can I get a clan invite?"....".., lol, was some funny shit Big Grin