Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should of, would of, could of
04-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Should of, would of, could of
I am a bit of a grammar nazi in real life but I try to be forgiving on the forums

I read these forums daily and go through tons of posts. It is unbelievable how many of you don't grasp the concept of contractions.

It's one thing to be cute and use Internet jargon like "I can has cheezeburgerz" on purpose but I'm quite sure that most of you have no idea that the proper way to say should have is SHOULD "HAVE" and not of.

I guess I'm just old but honestly, I'm willing to bet that I've just taught quite a few people something that you should have learned in the third grade

People who's first language is not English have better grammar than most people who speak it everyday.

It's not your fault. I blame on the system. Just been bothering me for a while.
[Image: FUCK-THE-SYSTEM.jpg]
[Image: Picture005.jpg]

[Image: BigSis_zpsf0609893.jpg]
[Image: KEQNeon_zpshmxnccsb.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2012, 03:51 PM
RE: Should of, would of, could of
Dont just stop THERE! I am sure THEY'RE not going to THEIR old grammar and spelling books on a regular basis.

[Image: 425718_311387022256370_140760249319049_8...9148_n.jpg]
04-16-2012, 04:07 PM
(04-16-2012 03:51 PM)Skunkape167 Wrote:  Dont just stop THERE! I am sure THEY'RE not going to THEIR old grammar and spelling books on a regular basis.

Lol. That's bad too, just doesn't seem quite as rampant

04-16-2012, 04:29 PM
I say Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda. And I say dun instead of did. Example: I woulda dun that but I was lazy. Fer instead of for. Ere instead of here. Dere instead of there. I have terrible grammar Big Grin

[Image: perry.png]
Risks- If you don't make it, it's your own damn vault
04-16-2012, 05:01 PM
(04-16-2012 04:29 PM)Perrylyzer Wrote:  I say Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda. And I say dun instead of did. Example: I woulda dun that but I was lazy. Fer instead of for. Ere instead of here. Dere instead of there. I have terrible grammar Big Grin

But you realize you're doing it

04-16-2012, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2012 05:05 PM by CptKirby.)
I hate it when I make grammar mistakes. I hate it even more when I notice it a few hours later.

[Image: PeYKI7R.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-16-2012, 05:13 PM
(04-16-2012 05:01 PM)A-P-P-Baby Wrote:  
(04-16-2012 04:29 PM)Perrylyzer Wrote:  I say Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda. And I say dun instead of did. Example: I woulda dun that but I was lazy. Fer instead of for. Ere instead of here. Dere instead of there. I have terrible grammar Big Grin

But you realize you're doing it

Well I has to talk to myself to figure it out, but most the time I is talking I doesn't realize my grammar am bad

[Image: perry.png]
Risks- If you don't make it, it's your own damn vault
04-16-2012, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2012 06:03 PM by WayOwenZ.)
My bad grammer is from laziness, i usually google a word if the spelling looks incorrect and I try to type slower so i dont screw up the lettering, but from my studies (Graphic design) I have found that most people dont and will never require full gammer in a sentence to read it properly, infact some people find it harder.

Something else to remember is the internet now has its own social standards, grammer and the ability to read or write for some reason is not on them, but you MUST email your freinds atleast 1 LOL cat a day and call someone who corrected your spellinga troll, its just expect of you :-P (Having trouble conveying sarcasm on this forum so just want to point out im joking here...)

[Image: fk62wn.jpg]
Blood Brothers = JayOwenZ & WayOwenZ
Nothing says 'Brotherly Love' like headshots
04-16-2012, 06:29 PM
I liked to thought I speck English very goodly.

[Image: giongo77.png]

Do or do not, There is no try.
04-16-2012, 06:44 PM
At least everyone's grammar here is better than the frenchie stew360.

http://community.us.playstation.com/people/stew360

Click on any of his posts. It's terrible.

[Image: PeYKI7R.jpg]