Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
5 easy steps to set your forum signature
05-22-2012, 03:03 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2012 06:24 PM by StarGeek77.)
5 easy steps to set your forum signature
To establish a picture as your signature:

1. Right-click the picture & select Copy image URL
2. Go to User CP - found at top under KEQonline.com
3. On the left under Menu, click Change Signature
4. On the bottom, inside the Edit Signature box, click the Insert Image button (button with mountain picture)
5. Paste the image URL into this box. Click OK.

Please note that the path inside the Edit Signature box must start with [IMG] and end with [/IMG]. After refreshing (F5), Your Current Signature should now show a preview of your picture!

[Image: DerRiese77_zpsdb6f5c0e.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2012, 03:35 PM
RE: 5 easy steps to set your forum signature
Great post stargeek. Stickied

If someone makes you a sig and posts it another easy thing to do is:

Click reply button with quote. It's at the bottom of each post and simply says reply

The img code for the image will be there within the text.

Highlight from [img] to [/img] and press copy

Then simply paste that into you signature box within usercp

[Image: BigSis_zpsf0609893.jpg]
[Image: KEQNeon_zpshmxnccsb.gif]
05-22-2012, 03:52 PM
Thanks APP.

I guess there is one last thing to mention. Forum signatures reference a picture somewhere on the internet. We do not have a method to upload a picture directly from the hard drive on your computer. Therefore, some of us use intermediary sites like photobucket.com to reference forum signatures. I hope this helpful!!

05-23-2012, 07:31 AM
(05-22-2012 03:52 PM)StarGeek77 Wrote:  Thanks APP.

I guess there is one last thing to mention. Forum signatures reference a picture somewhere on the internet. We do not have a method to upload a picture directly from the hard drive on your computer. Therefore, some of us use intermediary sites like photobucket.com to reference forum signatures. I hope this helpful!!

that happened to my first 3 sigs dat i made.... so i just recycled my "i made a new sig so yay!" thread.... but that still didnt work so.... i have my own one now that isnt made by me..... coz i obviously fail at uploading stuff

lolcomputerstheirlikealientechnologytome

[Image: ROFLsigstandard_pigeons.png]
raven alt: FlyByMagpie
05-23-2012, 10:00 AM

I will be implementing this to the site, but i dont want it to be abused

[Image: AznPradaG_1_30_2012.gif]

[Image: btn_donateCC_LG.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-23-2012, 10:06 AM
(05-23-2012 10:00 AM)AznPradaG Wrote:  

I will be implementing this to the site, but i dont want it to be abused

Maybe we could implement a graphics team. They would be the only ones with access to upload attachments.

If you want your pic hosted here then email it to one Of the graphics team

You would just have to give clear guidelines of what is acceptable

[Image: BigSis_zpsf0609893.jpg]
[Image: KEQNeon_zpshmxnccsb.gif]
05-23-2012, 10:10 AM
Good job StarGeek. Even though some people on these forums find these things easy, it's difficult for people who have never had an interaction with any kind forum. Even the so kind of basic skills that we use everyday can be a challenge as it's easy when you know how.

[Image: JCxINGgif.gif] [Image: JCxSSsigKEQ.gif]
05-23-2012, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2012 04:44 PM by StarGeek77.)
(05-23-2012 10:10 AM)JCxING Wrote:  Good job StarGeek. Even though some people on these forums find these things easy, it's difficult for people who have never had an interaction with any kind forum. Even the so kind of basic skills that we use everyday can be a challenge as it's easy when you know how.

Thanks. I made the thread in response to a private message regarding said topic. I figured that I could copy & paste it for everyone. Computer navigation doesn't come naturally to everyone, so I thought a simple step-by-step would benefit those who might be too shy to ask for help. Blush

Regarding direct upload, I see two things to consider. First, it would be a convenient feature, so expect a lot more pictures to start popping up in threads. This will make traversing threads and topics a little slower. Secondly, if there are bandwidth limitations (like photobucket, eg) on keqonline.com, it might not be a good idea. But, I'm pretty sure AznPradaG stated that there are no bandwidth limits. Sky's the limit?

05-23-2012, 05:38 PM
thanks alot stargeek looks great glad to be back on no internet for sevin days sucks

[Image: luckduck129sig.png]
05-23-2012, 06:11 PM
(05-23-2012 05:38 PM)luckduck129 Wrote:  thanks alot stargeek looks great glad to be back on no internet for sevin days sucks

Luckduck,

You're welcome. When I get to it, I plan to modify the border on your forum sig as I am not completely happy with it. It would be only a minor alteration. I will let you know when that happens.