Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
5 easy steps to set your forum signature
05-24-2012, 11:00 AM
RE: 5 easy steps to set your forum signature
(05-23-2012 03:25 PM)StarGeek77 Wrote:  
(05-23-2012 10:10 AM)JCxING Wrote:  Good job StarGeek. Even though some people on these forums find these things easy, it's difficult for people who have never had an interaction with any kind forum. Even the so kind of basic skills that we use everyday can be a challenge as it's easy when you know how.

Thanks. I made the thread in response to a private message regarding said topic. I figured that I could copy & paste it for everyone. Computer navigation doesn't come naturally to everyone, so I thought a simple step-by-step would benefit those who might be too shy to ask for help. Blush

Regarding direct upload, I see two things to consider. First, it would be a convenient feature, so expect a lot more pictures to start popping up in threads. This will make traversing threads and topics a little slower. Secondly, if there are bandwidth limitations (like photobucket, eg) on keqonline.com, it might not be a good idea. But, I'm pretty AznPradaG stated that there are no bandwidth limits. Sky's the limit?

correct there is no bandwidth limit. Ill have to see exactly how i want to implement it and get the proper url folders etc. as you can see from my sig its hosted by keqonline.com

[Image: AznPradaG_1_30_2012.gif]

[Image: btn_donateCC_LG.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2012, 09:52 PM
(05-22-2012 03:03 PM)StarGeek77 Wrote:  To establish a picture as your signature:

1. Right-click the picture & select Copy image URL
2. Go to User CP - found at top under KEQonline.com
3. On the left under Menu, click Change Signature
4. On the bottom, inside the Edit Signature box, click the Insert Image button (button with mountain picture)
5. Paste the image URL into this box. Click OK.

Please note that the path inside the Edit Signature box must start with [IMG] and end with [/IMG]. After refreshing (F5), Your Current Signature should now show a preview of your picture!

so i followed these steps to the t and im still not able to load the image.when i go to paste it, it wont let me

[Image: Untitled-1.png]
NO MERCY IS THE WAY OF THE FIST!!!!
Find all posts by this user
06-07-2012, 03:18 AM
(06-06-2012 09:52 PM)hilljack92 Wrote:  
(05-22-2012 03:03 PM)StarGeek77 Wrote:  To establish a picture as your signature:

1. Right-click the picture & select Copy image URL
2. Go to User CP - found at top under KEQonline.com
3. On the left under Menu, click Change Signature
4. On the bottom, inside the Edit Signature box, click the Insert Image button (button with mountain picture)
5. Paste the image URL into this box. Click OK.

Please note that the path inside the Edit Signature box must start with [IMG] and end with [/IMG]. After refreshing (F5), Your Current Signature should now show a preview of your picture!

so i followed these steps to the t and im still not able to load the image.when i go to paste it, it wont let me

Try again. And remember you're pasting an image URL not an actual image. You will be referencing a picture off the internet not uploading one.

[Image: DerRiese77_zpsdb6f5c0e.jpg]
Find all posts by this user