Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ROFL Onwards - propaganda
05-31-2012, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2012 08:19 PM by StarGeek77.)
ROFL Onwards - propaganda
I give credit to Scary_Pigeons for finding the propaganda poster that I used as the background. I ran with the concept and added my own take to it. These may be a works in progress...

[Image: Onward.png]

[Image: OnwardBW01.png]

[Image: OnwardBW02.png]

[Image: DerRiese77_zpsdb6f5c0e.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2012, 08:50 PM
RE: ROFL Onwards - propaganda
First one defiantly looks a communism propaganda poster and the other two look an album cover to a alternative-rock band.

If I were to choose, I would either go with the first or third one.

[Image: JCxINGgif.gif] [Image: JCxSSsigKEQ.gif]
05-31-2012, 09:17 PM
I'd like to see more western posters please.

[Image: curby.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-31-2012, 09:43 PM
(05-31-2012 09:17 PM)CptKirby Wrote:  I'd like to see more western posters please.

OK. Did you see my Uncle Sam recruitment poster that I made a couple of months ago? There is a thread about it somewhere around here. Are you requesting something more along those lines?

05-31-2012, 09:57 PM
(05-31-2012 09:43 PM)StarGeek77 Wrote:  
(05-31-2012 09:17 PM)CptKirby Wrote:  I'd like to see more western posters please.

OK. Did you see my Uncle Sam recruitment poster that I made a couple of months ago? There is a thread about it somewhere around here. Are you requesting something more along those lines?

Pretty much. I'm seeing quite a bit of Japanese posters and no Euro or 'Merican ones.

Can you find the Uncle Sam one?

05-31-2012, 10:08 PM

@kirby
Ive found some American and British poropagana but it's pretty limited in my selection and search for good propaganda coz I usually need tha words in straight vertical or horizontal lines so I can edit them out and put different text on them (coz I haz no skills in other editing) and usually propaganda from tha ASEAN regions has that coz they had conflicts and revolutions etc and 99.99% of tha time it's communist propaganda coz they brainwashed everyone with their huge propaganda campaigns so there is larger amounts of that type of propaganda
Idk how I can anti-communise them without ruining tha pics
Tbh I want to find more non communist propaganda that has straight horizontal and vertical words that I can edit out
Or at least let's me cover over tha existing words while not ruining tha pic
So far I've found about 3 pics that do this and aren't communist or from tha ASEAN regions

@stargeek
This stuff is awesome
Far better than what I can do in editing
1 is very bright and colourful
2 is a little bland
3 is great coz it has that "sun rays" effect on the back and on tha ppl showing that if tha person joins rofl they could shine and b a part of a powerful faction in new Eden

IMO 3 is my first choice 1 is my second and 2 is tha third choice on favs

Great work stargeek I really like tha pics

[Image: ROFLsigstandard_pigeons.png]
raven alt: FlyByMagpie
05-31-2012, 10:19 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2012 10:20 PM by StarGeek77.)
I like the first one best. After further thought, if I were to redo this one, I would try a different font.

I gave up looking for the thread that contained the Uncle Sam poster. So, I'll link again from my acct. I did receive a negative comment on this one...Blush

[Image: IwantYou-v3b.png]

05-31-2012, 10:28 PM
OK Scary. I'm not the one doing the work, so I have no idea how hard it is.

Stargeek, do you think it'd look any good if you edited a Dust helmet onto Uncle Sam?

05-31-2012, 11:17 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2012 11:20 PM by StarGeek77.)
(05-31-2012 10:28 PM)CptKirby Wrote:  OK Scary. I'm not the one doing the work, so I have no idea how hard it is.

Stargeek, do you think it'd look any good if you edited a Dust helmet onto Uncle Sam?

Kirby,
Finding good or even very good images to start out with can be tough. In my recent graphic arts experience, I would estimate I use 1 out of 50 images searched on the internet. Basically, since I liked a propaganda poster that was already found, I didn't have to search for it. This is a bonus.

A dust helmet on good ol Uncle Sam? I might try it. See if I can get inspired. An underlying theme in this Uncle Sam poster is its familiarity to a large number of people.

06-01-2012, 06:07 AM
just do a google image search for propaganda posters.

a couple of nice images i found. with a bit of work (rofl stuff) i think they might look good.

[Image: greensideid.jpg]

[Image: greensideinfection.jpg]

[Image: HeinousTendogz]