[Image: BigSis_zpsf0609893.jpg]
[Image: KEQNeon_zpshmxnccsb.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2012, 01:42 PM
RE: ROFL Onwards - propaganda
(05-31-2012 09:57 PM)CptKirby Wrote:  
(05-31-2012 09:43 PM)StarGeek77 Wrote:  
(05-31-2012 09:17 PM)CptKirby Wrote:  I'd like to see more western posters please.

OK. Did you see my Uncle Sam recruitment poster that I made a couple of months ago? There is a thread about it somewhere around here. Are you requesting something more along those lines?

Pretty much. I'm seeing quite a bit of Japanese posters and no Euro or 'Murican ones.

Can you find the Uncle Sam one?

fixt and yeah more westernized themes unless were a communist allianceDodgy

ROFL- for every one that falls a thousand shall rise to take his place
"fear us for we are a machine of death.
a machine of destruction.
we.are.the machine."

Lord of waffles and waffle like dishes
09-28-2012, 01:47 PM
(06-01-2012 06:07 AM)Tendogz Wrote:  just do a google image search for propaganda posters.

a couple of nice images i found. with a bit of work (rofl stuff) i think they might look good.

[Image: greensideid.jpg]

[Image: greensideinfection.jpg]

1st: Join Rise of legion and ROFL all the time

2nd:prevent dying; join rofl and stay safe

ROFL- for every one that falls a thousand shall rise to take his place
"fear us for we are a machine of death.
a machine of destruction.
we.are.the machine."

Lord of waffles and waffle like dishes
09-28-2012, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2012 02:25 PM by KEQ-Commando.)
I think emphasis on support through PvE & tax needs to made. We need our players to understand that by just being part of the corp & playing, they support the corp/alliance. This sorta thing...

http://elginhistory12.wikispaces.com/fil...poster.jpg

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/rmhttp/school...ewives.jpg

http://rlv.zcache.com/vintage_ww2_propag...of_400.jpg

And Ofcourse...
http://ahoy.tk-jk.net/PosterImages/Men_of_valor.jpg

I like the Uncle Sam poster. Uncle Sam's hat is the business.

If you can't kill, you can't Kill Em Quick. Get Good!
*Tony-Montangmere* PS3
*Tony_Montangmere* steam ID
09-28-2012, 02:44 PM
(09-28-2012 02:24 PM)KEQ-Commando Wrote:  I like the Uncle Sam poster. Uncle Sam's hat is the business.

Thanks, Tony! Can you believe someone on the ROFL site had the audacity to slam me by basically saying that poster is an attack on his patriotism?!?!? Some people...

[Image: DerRiese77_zpsdb6f5c0e.jpg]
10-12-2012, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2012 02:57 PM by JJordawg.)
In keeping with the "Expect Us" theme,

And the KEQ = The Machine concept, I give you a propaganda poster!

[Image: 3E768309-9680-48C1-B1B3-3FDFAC22472A-738...E9B83D.jpg]

This one took me several days to make. First starting with editing out the background on the Badger Digging Machine. That took forever. Then, the actual background of the poster. To make the Miner behind the house, I had to cut out the foreground, paste the Badger in, and move the foreground ahead of it in the layers tab.

To match the color correctly, I had to apply several filters on the Digger at once.

The text and logos were the easiest part.

Thoughts? This is my favorite work of all so far, and works extremely well with tying together the whole "Rise of", and "Machine", KEQ, and Expect Us... Big Grin

It was definetly a labor of love

[Image: forum%20warrior%20small.png]
10-12-2012, 03:45 PM
(10-12-2012 02:52 PM)JJordawg Wrote:  In keeping with the "Expect Us" theme,

This one took me several days to make. First starting with editing out the background on the Badger Digging Machine. That took forever. Then, the actual background of the poster. To make the Miner behind the house, I had to cut out the foreground, paste the Badger in, and move the foreground ahead of it in the layers tab.

To match the color correctly, I had to apply several filters on the Digger at once.

Thoughts? This is my favorite work of all so far, and works extremely well with tying together the whole "Rise of", and "Machine", KEQ, and Expect Us... Big Grin

Looks fkn awesome bro. Big Grin

-------
[Image: 12_zpse3219cf3.png]
[Image: ROFLstylie.png]
FOK JULLE NAAIERS
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2012, 03:51 PM

Hey, hey, very nice! I feel like I'm viewing some destitute, backwater moon that is devoid of life. But, we go there anyway because it has great mineral wealth. ...Must keep the mach..ine...grinding...away...

"We're here...expect us to strip the surface of all raw materials...you will come to fear the machine."

The KEQ and ROFL banners up on the machine are a nice touch. Good use of layering. Did some of my advice on layering help out? The brownish color sets the mood as gloomy and with little hope.

My only point of possible constructive criticism would involve a discussion of the very high skyline. Was that intentional? Being that it is an internet graphic, I could argue that the top two inches (mostly solid dark brown) aren't absolutely necessary unless something will be added in the space later. Some people do like high skylines though... The skyline counter argument might involve something to the effect that escape seems out of reach.

Also, I like your placement of the logos on the bottom. Nice and lined up with equal margins on both sides. I'd say this is some of your best work! Keep it up!

[Image: DerRiese77_zpsdb6f5c0e.jpg]
10-15-2012, 06:01 PM
i agree!

[Image: AznPradaG_1_30_2012.gif]

[Image: btn_donateCC_LG.gif]
10-16-2012, 09:31 PM

I saw this and thought of a transformer i owned. Its from when i was 10 or 11. still obsessed with transformers today

[Image: 246cae5943b60a70ad7bd40e3c8f0dc4.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mjq8hejp351s5dtxzo1_500.gif]
stop crying over which game system is better they are all great