Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
To Be Immortal - DUST Fanfiction
08-16-2012, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2012 10:25 PM by JJordawg.)
To Be Immortal - DUST Fanfiction
So after listening to some particularly rousing music, I had my creative juices flowing this afternoon. My thoughts drifted to a story I played out in my head. So, I have decided to write a DUST 514 fanfiction.

I will add chapters as I go. Feel free to comment, improve, bash, anything you feel like. I enjoy writing a lot and would love to hear what you think.

Here goes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Be Immortal
Chapter One

[Image: mountain-and-planet_422_57081.jpg]

There was smoke curling upwards from the valley. This was no accident, of course. If anyone had dared, they would have found most buildings in the base located there burning. All the occupants of the outpost were either dead or had long fled into the hills. The attack had come as a complete surprise. Even though factional frontlines had been drawing near for some time now, the planet of Kamela was one that had not seen war in a long while.

Which, thought Corporal Devan Uniiton, was precisely the reason it was such a surprise. Devan continued observing the surrounding hills for several more minutes. Satisfied that the security forces were not following, he lowered his binoculars. Corporal Uniiton turned and looked at his men.

“The coast is clear. Let's move out.”

Picking up his gear and slinging it on to his back, Devan took one last sweeping look at the valley. The Amaar soldiers had never had the slightest chance. In one small dark recess of his mind, he was saddened by the fact. Devan had never been one for fighting dirty. The thought was quickly extinguished though, by an even darker one.

“Neither did we when the Amarr first invaded us...” Devan muttered under his breath as he marched.

A Thukker by birth, Uniiton had been enslaved for much of his youth by the Amarr. Only when his particular slave camp was freed by a Minmatar raiding party had he tasted independence. Promptly joining the Defiants, Devan was bounced around the galaxy for the next few years until they were crushed in the Bleak Lands by the 24th Imperial Crusade.

Now he was a NCO in the Tribal Defense Force. Devan pushed these trivalities from his mind and refocused on the task at hand.

The outpost had merely been a secondary objective. Corporal Uniiton and his squad were now hiking on their way to the main objective. A major sensor hub was located a few klicks over, and the TDF had given him the unenviable job of finding a way to disable it long enough that a fleet could slip past into deeper Amarr space unnoticed.

“This is nothing at all like the last op, huh?” mused PFC Lykas Veoin. “All those absolutely endless plains... I swore they would be burned into my eyes by the time we got out of there!”

Devan looked over and grinned. “Seems a lot better now than the terrain here, does it?”

Veoin grunted. “At least there is only five mountains to the next stop this time.”

A few members of the squad chuckled, but mostly out of need to get their minds of the backbreaking work.

The continued on in silence. Darkness fell, and eventually Devan called a halt.

“No sense in carrying on at this point. Might as well rest up and be ready whatever is thrown at us tomorrow. Lets get some sleep.”

His men needed no encouragement. After finding a suitable spot, they all dropped their packs and set about to making their camp. Two members of the squad went out on first watch, and the rest set about to helping each other pry off their armor.

Dropsuits were wonderous marvels of engineering during combat and the day. Allowing an ordinary soldier to achieve much more than normally possible to a human, the dropsuits increased survivability and strength of the user dramatically. One of the drawbacks, however, was that it was notoriously uncomfortable to wear for extended periods of time.

After taking off all of the extra armor, each soldier found a semi comfortable spot and broke open some field rations. Then, they found a good area to lay down and sleep.

Devan was last to let his eyes shut. Sitting up for several minutes, he made sure everything was in order. As he slowly drifted off, he thought about what the next light would bring.

Hopefully no casualties, he quietly prayed. These men were his comrades, like brothers to him. He had been lucky enough to only suffer one injury under his command, and the soldier was only wounded. It is the commanders worst nightmare to lose his soldiers. For Devan, it was even more fearful. He had lived with his squad in close proximity for the last two years.

“Maybe the streak will continue,” breathed the Corporal as sleep washed over him like waves on the seashore. “Only time will tell...”
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2012, 10:27 PM
RE: To Be Immortal - DUST Fanfiction
Reserved for Chapter 2
Reserved for Chapter 3
Reserved for Chapter 4
Reserved for Chapter 5
Reserved for Chapter 6
08-17-2012, 08:22 AM
or you could just edit the op broski

ROFL- for every one that falls a thousand shall rise to take his place
"fear us for we are a machine of death.
a machine of destruction.
we.are.the machine."

Lord of waffles and waffle like dishes
08-17-2012, 02:06 PM
love it so far!! you sir have a tremendous talent for writing!

Attached File(s) Image(s)

[Image: fallen-angel.png]