Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PS2- new player guide
11-20-2012, 11:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 09:10 PM by gobbybobby.)
PS2- new player guide
So you jumped into planetside 2 and your extremely confused.

Ok so you, selected TR,
you joined the US West server we are on
You get invited into clan.

Now what

you gonna need some Cert points, so you can buy guns and armor, and vehicle upgrades and other such stuffs. How do you get these cert points?

you get some passively. But most will come from playing the game and playing good.

Capping bases is one of the easiest ways to earn cert points.

But how do you cap a base?

This is the map. Not on a normal day, Vanu have taken everything.

[Image: 8814B51F3EC46951001A6DC9338CEA989FA15FD3]

We cannot allow this to continue! So how do we go about taking some lands back, well the map is split up into chunkes shown on the map, there called hexs, some are small outposts that just require one point being captured, other are larger and require things to be destroyed like Spawn control unit's (PCUs) and Shield control generators.

you cannot capture a Hex thats not connected to somewhere you already own. You cannot lose your warp gate (thank god) so in order to fight back against the vanu, you need to take the hexs closest to your warp gate and go from there.

The speed at which you capture a hex is also impacted by how many hexs around the one your are taking, you hold. Hold them, all and it will capture quite fast, hold the minimum of 1 and it will take a while

large bases will take alot longer than smaller bases.

each letter can be taken by 1-6 people. If you have 6 people on the letter (and literally hugging it) it will cap quite fast, just 1 person at each letter it will cap slowly and take a long time, nobody stood on the letters and the base won't get captured at all.

When defending use this to your advantage, the enemy are gonna hug the control points like hippys to trees, so get some grenades in there are rack up the easy kills! + you get extra points for killing enemys on objectives (like frago!)

Shield control unit?

When attacking, some bases have large shield doors that you can walk through, BUT vehicles cannot, so no heavy armor or vehicle spawn points can get in, to take the shield down you must destroy 2 SCUs. There are often multiple doors,to bases.

[Image: C8E069750140C2CC403EA8F20737F92EDA88DAA7]
MUST REPAIR, MUST DEFEND

Defenders- Keep these operational at all cost, you don't want the enemy rolling in a shit ton of tanks and camping your spawn with them, the enemy roll in with lots of tanks, its game over

Spawn control unit:

Most bases have a spawn point, and in some bases, this can be switched off by the attackers, If this is destroyed, your boned unless someone gets a sunddy in close for you to spawn from. So this is a critical asset to defend in most situations

Woo- hoo I took the base

Time to switch to engineer class, repair everything, all the turrets, shield control units and Spawn control units, easy points and if nobody does it, the enemy will have an easy job retaking the base you worked so hard to capture.

Ok I got some certs, theres so many menus. So many options OMG

the certs system is COMPLICATED for Each class there a set of certs, for each Vehicle theres a set of certs, and then theres a separate page for leadership. Its very confusing and you need to spend a bit of time familiarizing yourself. You can unlock scopes, better weapons, better shields armor, its similar to dust in some aspects, but its a lot like MAG once you unlocked it, you have it forever. There so much content it will take you 3 years of solid playing to get the certs to unlock it all!

Deside what you wanna do. Wanna run support, medic, engineer, spec into that, you can upgrade your medical kit, or repair tool.
Wanna be a pilot? well then invest some certs into that, someone should do a Flying guide, although there are plenty on the web already.

Shotguns are free, and I discovered today the shotgun is awesome, so defo look at using that!!!

You need to restock things like grenades. To buy vehicles from vehicle terminals and grenades you need resources. You gain resources passively, but the amount you gain depends on how many Hexs you control

Control load, get loads of resources so you can spend loads defending all the bases

control only a few bases only gain a few resources, but your faction is likely concentrated and better suited to defend there few bases and start making a push back.

Other stuff.

STATS

woo statistics.

When a base starts being attacked, the game treats it as a battle and provides a battle report when the base is taken/ successfully defended the battle report starts again. You can view it by holding down Tab.

It also records your "session" stats, or how well your doing today, you can view all time stats in the menu.
[Image: 7270B7EB5317CA607563501DB02B7C3B94133D47]
if you can't read that my KDR 2.4 for that session!

And yep. SUPPORT SUPPORT, me and flying running around repairing generators a few hours ago, all good fun. I am in light armor carrying repair kit, and look at that KDR, to be fair there alot of noobs blowing up generators, Launch day, NOOBS EVERYWHERE!!!

Alerts

Periodically there will be an alert, they happen at random and last 2 hrs. Fighting in an Alert area gives you extra XP, + if TR win the alert and you took part in it, you get a nice big bonus. The alerts may be to take and hold Biolabs, the faction that holds the most at the end of the alert wins. The Alert can sometimes be to take a continent, the faction that holds the most territory at the end wins. worth taking part in if you need the extra XP.

[Image: 76561198008010128.png]

[Image: 5428010618014145457.png]

Blog: http://gobbybobbyy.blogspot.co.uk/
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/gobbybobby

Join PS with this link. https://recruit.soe.com/recruit/smlandin...mecode=PS2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2012, 01:33 AM
RE: PS2- new player guide
Ummm.....so Vanu is SVER now?

[Image: curby.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-21-2012, 01:48 AM
Most disappointed you turned down my friend request Flying Sad
Find all posts by this user
11-21-2012, 02:18 AM
Lol, he was probably thinking, "who dafuk is this Miley cyrus chick" Tongue
11-21-2012, 05:59 AM
(11-21-2012 01:48 AM)rraymondo316 Wrote:  Most disappointed you turned down my friend request Flying Sad

Sorry Ray but....

(11-21-2012 02:18 AM)A_Stoned_Maori Wrote:  Lol, he was probably thinking, "who dafuk is this Miley cyrus chick" Tongue

^^^^^ Big Grin

My bad, I will add you today.

It was fun, but with no mic it was difficult understanding what the hell was going on. Will play a couple of hours today too.

Great OP gobby. Any advice into where should I spend my first certs? The spawn point thing in the leadership tree requires BR 10 now... -_-

R.I.P. Terry Pratchet.

[Image: Firma%20Planetside2_zps2ho4nyyq.png]
11-21-2012, 06:01 AM
(11-21-2012 05:59 AM)Flyingcon Wrote:  It was fun, but with no mic it was difficult understanding what the hell was going on. Will play a couple of hours today too.

Great OP gobby. Any advice into where should I spend my first certs? The spawn point thing in the leadership tree requires BR 10 now... -_-

Gobby said that they took away spawn beacons and now you can just spawn on your squad leader. I actually liked the idea of spawn beacons simply because you can get straight back into the action.

[Image: JCxINGgif.gif] [Image: JCxSSsigKEQ.gif]
11-21-2012, 06:28 AM
Thanks bro. Guess I'll hoard my certs until I know where to spend them. Smile

R.I.P. Terry Pratchet.

[Image: Firma%20Planetside2_zps2ho4nyyq.png]
11-21-2012, 06:49 AM
(11-21-2012 01:33 AM)CptKirby Wrote:  Ummm.....so Vanu is SVER now?

Nope, just there are 3 continents on every server and I'm guessing a squad of Vanu players just took everything before anyone had a chance to actually get into the game.

Was really cool how we were the only squad TR squad on that server at that time and nearly had a full platoon.

(11-21-2012 06:28 AM)Flyingcon Wrote:  Thanks bro. Guess I'll hoard my certs until I know where to spend them. Smile

Yeah I'm going to do the same and hopefully get better and hone my skills Cool

[Image: JCxINGgif.gif] [Image: JCxSSsigKEQ.gif]
11-21-2012, 07:27 AM
Is there a tutorial for the controls because I've never played a shooter on a kb/m haha
This is still assuming that I can play it. Haven't tried yet

[Image: perry.png]
Risks- If you don't make it, it's your own damn vault
11-21-2012, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2012 08:23 AM by Tendogz.)
(11-21-2012 01:33 AM)CptKirby Wrote:  Ummm.....so Vanu is SVER now?

nope they still be raven.

(11-21-2012 07:27 AM)Perrylyzer Wrote:  Is there a tutorial for the controls because I've never played a shooter on a kb/m haha
This is still assuming that I can play it. Haven't tried yet

you can see what all the keys do in game (not really a tutorial but a list) and you can also change what keys do if you wish... i have some things bound to the other buttons on my mouse just to make thinks a little quicker/easier.

[Image: HeinousTendogz]