Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Planetside Sundays
10-21-2014, 08:56 PM
RE: Planetside Sundays
(10-21-2014 08:37 PM)JCxING Wrote:  
(10-21-2014 04:27 PM)SerialNumber1221 Wrote:  what connection do you have? where do you live -eg what state? what is your exact PC HW spec?

I pretty much have the same connection as Ray, high speed fibre optic or Virgin Media's 152MB broadband even though my connection is roughly 100MB-125MB download with a 12MB upload speed.

I live in London, well south of it on the borders of Surrey and London.

AMD FX 4100 Quad-Core Processor OC 4.00Ghz
AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
16GB DDR3 RAM
1 TB HDD
Windows 7 Ultimate

Anything else you need? The game plays fine when I'm on the European servers but its definitely a connection issue.

The processor is a bit old now, as is the gfx card, but I would think that on low settings you should be able to play.

I suspect that your gfx card/cpu is the primary issue as your connection cannot be the problem. Do you know what your ping to Connery is? (you can see by pressing tab)

The gfx card has how much RAM? 1gb?

Also, the HDD you have installed on, how much disk space is free? Have you defragged it recently? Do you use a dynamic page file size (meaning you let windows manage the size) or have you manually set to a fixed size after a good defrag? (this is better)

Damn shame you can't play with us.

[Image: qUbK2dc.jpg?1]
MURDER, was the case that they gave me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2014, 09:34 PM
7700 is prob a 2gig card. I was shocked at how much better my framerate was on the US east server didn't realise how much a different the ping was making, really destroys online communitys the bad netcode.

[Image: 76561198008010128.png]

[Image: 5428010618014145457.png]

Blog: http://gobbybobbyy.blogspot.co.uk/
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/gobbybobby
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-21-2014, 11:10 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2014 11:11 PM by JCxING.)
(10-21-2014 08:56 PM)SerialNumber1221 Wrote:  The processor is a bit old now, as is the gfx card, but I would think that on low settings you should be able to play.

I suspect that your gfx card/cpu is the primary issue as your connection cannot be the problem. Do you know what your ping to Connery is? (you can see by pressing tab)

Also, the HDD you have installed on, how much disk space is free? Have you defragged it recently? Do you use a dynamic page file size (meaning you let windows manage the size) or have you manually set to a fixed size after a good defrag? (this is better)

Ping is normally around 100/150ms. I can play the game on medium to high settings, you would be surprised by how many frames I actually get, as its around 40/50 fps.

As Gobby said its a 2 GB gfx card.

I have 550GB free as I tend not to go below half of my space as I know that the Arma games require a faster HDD so the more space, the better.

I'm actually doing a defrag as we speak but also found out about this (http://steamcleaner.tikione.org/en/) earlier today and it saved about 10GB of space.

[Image: JCxINGgif.gif] [Image: JCxSSsigKEQ.gif]
10-22-2014, 12:18 AM
(10-21-2014 11:10 PM)JCxING Wrote:  
(10-21-2014 08:56 PM)SerialNumber1221 Wrote:  The processor is a bit old now, as is the gfx card, but I would think that on low settings you should be able to play.

Ping is normally around 100/150ms. I can play the game on medium to high settings, you would be surprised by how many frames I actually get, as its around 40/50 fps.

As Gobby said its a 2 GB gfx card.

I have 550GB free as I tend not to go below half of my space as I know that the Arma games require a faster HDD so the more space, the better.

I'm actually doing a defrag as we speak but also found out about this (http://steamcleaner.tikione.org/en/) earlier today and it saved about 10GB of space.

So i'm guessing that the player warping occurs once you've been playing for a while?

If so, try uninstall, then defrag.

Then, after defrag, go to my computer, properties, advanced and then into the virtual memory settings.

Now I did not ask how many HDD you have, but here is best practice:

1. If you only have 1 hdd - then ensure you set a pagefile to a static size - so for 16gb RAM make a fixed size pagefile of 48gb - so you set min/max values to 48gb

2. If you have multiple HDD then its best to locate the pagefile on a drive which PS2 IS NOT ON, and then follow the same sizing above (if you move it to another drive, please defrag that drive before you move it)

See if any of this helps.

[Image: qUbK2dc.jpg?1]
MURDER, was the case that they gave me.
10-22-2014, 02:41 AM
Get CCLeaner before you defrag, it may be a simple registry problem.
10-23-2014, 02:56 PM
Thanks guys, will give these a try.

[Image: JCxINGgif.gif] [Image: JCxSSsigKEQ.gif]