RE: Destiny Angry Joe's review.
I have my moments. Tongue

R.I.P. Terry Pratchet.

[Image: 4HhXMlO.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2016, 09:32 AM
Back on topic I never played destiny year 1 you guys made sure I didn't pick it up with this thread but after some friends started playing with the taken king expansion I reluctantly picked it up and love it, if you can get 6 friends together raiding is a lot of fun and I sank entire days into it over iron banner weekends in mp.

Really looking forward to the next expansion will definitely be preordering it.

[Image: 76561198008010128.png]

[Image: 5428010618014145457.png]

Blog: http://gobbybobbyy.blogspot.co.uk/
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/gobbybobby

Join PS with this link. https://recruit.soe.com/recruit/smlandin...mecode=PS2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-31-2016, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2016 09:19 PM by Flyingcon.)
(08-29-2016 09:32 AM)gobbybobby Wrote:  -snip-

At release, which is when this thread was approximately created, Destiny was a gorgeous looking game with tight controls, and no content to justify a 40€ price tag much less 70.

I'll not go over all Destiny's failures again. I think it can be summarized in that, for its PVE part, it was empty, repetitive, boring, repetitively boring and boringly repetitive, all wrapped up in a nonsensical, cliched and mediocrely boring storyline.

The only good, fun thing about the PVE were the raids. Of which you only got 1 unless you payed for the DLC. After 2 years, a 70€ game with a 35€ season pass, and another dlc not covered in the season pass and priced at 40€, all those players that have stayed with Destiny from release have a grand total of 4 raids after having payed 145€.

I guess that if you like the Destiny PvP and play it a lot, you can justify paying that much. I personally found it as uninspired as the rest of the game, but other guys love it, so whatever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR

At release the game was boring, lazy and completely empty of content. For me, it was a complete flop, and I am not buying another Bungie game at release before the reviews ever again.

Maybe now, after 2 years of patching and 3 DLCs, when you can get the complete package for only 60€, the game is much better and worth the money. I am glad you are having a good time with it.

But for me, knowing how it was at release? For 145€? lol, no thanks. Tongue

R.I.P. Terry Pratchet.

[Image: 4HhXMlO.gif]
08-31-2016, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2016 06:46 PM by CptKirby.)
Also there's heavy lolaimassist.

[Image: curby.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-31-2016, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2016 06:27 PM by Chinduko.)
Where DID all that 500mil go to make this game?! It doesn't seem to have been used wisely to make THIS game. It's fun for some, which is great for fans but it's definitely doesn't play or look like it cost 500mil to develop.

[Image: aaResizedKEQ_zps8925f80b.png]