Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Calling it now.
10-28-2014, 07:07 PM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2014 09:50 AM by STYLIE77.)
Calling it now.
Planetside 2 will get a Beta release date at the PlayStation Experience on Dec 6th/7th. there have been hints on Twitter and other things popping up

like over the weekend the PSN store had the release date updated to 12/31/2014 ..now its back to 2014

my guess is Beta is out either 12/11/14 or 12/18/14 (only 13 months late Undecided )

gives us about 6-8 weeks to decide on a couple things

1. what faction (seems to be either TR/VS)

2. who will Run KEQ on this

side note as i post this a couple things will happen:

Bain will Troll me and Madden will Troll both me and Bain Angel

lets get some things figured out and get a command structure in place!

spel ----lol this is new!

[Image: Ravhin_zpsvzrxgewj.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2014, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2014 09:55 PM by Flyingcon.)
RE: calling it now.
Don't forget that serial will have to pop in to discuss how much better the PC version is and how they had to dumb it down to make it work on both platforms.

[Image: PS2TemplateTake1_zpsopckeo90.png]

Text test
10-28-2014, 09:21 PM
popcorn

Have you seen my golden gun?
10-28-2014, 10:12 PM
I'm glad we got the usual thread shenanigans already put away. Now I will probably play this game when it releases, how much, idk. Probably a lot. Depending on BF4 at the time. And Whatever MMO i'm tied into.
10-29-2014, 02:59 AM
Yea was discovering this yesterday. There's also a ps2 signup page, dunno if its for just info or beta invites if they choose to restrict access, I'm in for PS2 it will be nice to play it on a more stable system.

Catch some livestream twitch.tv/noobpownin09

DUST*, BF3 or DCUO using my MAIN ACCT "noobpownin09"
battlelog FR me with cyberius85
*= additional ALTS
10-29-2014, 06:09 AM
(10-28-2014 07:34 PM)Robwriter Wrote:  Don't forget that serial or one of his lackeys will have to pop in to discuss how much better the PC version is and how they had to dumb it down to make it work on both platforms.

From my understanding they didn't dumb it down at all. They just coded the code differently and released that to both PC and PS4 of which the PC I hear is having some issues with it now. Issues such as major memory leaks causing the game to lag/crash after a solid hour or so of play. I'm just upset the game is sharded. I want to play with you all from my PC because I hate controllers. I'm no good with them. Sony in their infinite wisdom (more specifically wasted talent) has prevented such a thing from occurring.

Bottom line, I should not be forced into one type of interface device. Some people function better with controllers and some don't. It is very stupid to force one device over another on pretty much any game that has been released on multiple platforms or any platform really. Dust 514 got it right allowing you to at least choose but they failed at actually implementing it correctly. Still I'd like my choice seeing as on PC you can use controller or KB/M for PS2 if I recall correctly.

Paving the way clear with Honor!

[Image: TheBlogFromTheCore20051118.gif]

All the Red Dots have to do in order to corner me is to rig a trap with a tuna sandwich. I am kinda stupid that way...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-29-2014, 07:51 AM
the pc version was never done multi-threaded coding to use the power of multi-core processors so that was something they needed to work on instead of a simple port.

Catch some livestream twitch.tv/noobpownin09

DUST*, BF3 or DCUO using my MAIN ACCT "noobpownin09"
battlelog FR me with cyberius85
*= additional ALTS
10-29-2014, 08:02 AM
all i have to say is fuck nc Cool tr/vs either is good for me.

[Image: HeinousTendogz]
10-29-2014, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2014 08:45 AM by Flyingcon.)
@Rav

Tentative +1 for you, Rav, pending on confirmation.

1) What faction? Jokes apart, I really don't care. I thought we were still going TR. If people want to change faction, I think they should talk it with Stylie first, and then set up a new poll.

2) Who will run KEQ? No idea. Gobby is in charge of the PC outfit, but I don't know if he will make the jump to the PS4 version. I also remember that Mordeth was interested back in the day, but I don't know if he is still around.

Is Stylie going to play this? Anyway, I have a couple of questions myself:

* Which server are we going to play in?
* If we happen to choose a faction that becomes easy mode over time (impossible, I know) be it TR, NC or VS, would we change factions?

@azure

I'm glad they are not having both M&K and controller support, since it is impossible to balance. One of the 2 sides would get the short end of the stick, with the subsequent butthurt, and SOE would still waste valuable time and resources trying to balance it, like CCP did.

@Tendogz

I was the only guy that voted for NC in the original poll. Go NC, go! Big Grin

R.I.P. Terry Pratchet.

[Image: Firma%20Planetside2_zps2ho4nyyq.png]
10-29-2014, 08:48 AM
I thought PS2 on PS4 was just vaporware.

I'm calling it now, Rav's k/d will be worse on PS2 than BF4.

[Image: MaddenPS2_zpswreyu65x.png]