Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adventures of the cowardly Vanguard.
07-12-2015, 10:11 PM
RE: Adventures of the cowardly Vanguard.
(07-12-2015 12:09 PM)Flyingcon Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 11:47 AM)CptKirby Wrote:  I was watching the video thinking "Damn, Flying really good at aiming at moving targets."

The end? Do you mean the liberator or the part where I was thanking Liquid?

Anyway, I am very bad at aiming, both at moving and stationary targets. I have material for a 1 hour bloopers video.

Lol

The part you were thanking Liquid.

I don't know I was on when I typed that. I somehow figured Liquid was aiming while you drove. You know, like a real tank.

[Image: curby.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2015, 06:01 AM
(07-12-2015 10:11 PM)CptKirby Wrote:  Lol

The part you were thanking Liquid.

I don't know I was on when I typed that. I somehow figured Liquid was aiming while you drove. You know, like a real tank.

I wish we had a tank like that in PS2. The Harasser is the closest thing, but it lacks the staying power of a tank.

(07-12-2015 01:40 PM)MaddenUser Wrote:  Nice speed up for MORE ACTION!

It was either speeding up the video or slowing down the audio. The second one would have made for a more relaxed and fulfilling experience, but we don't do that shit in KEQ!

We are here for the action, the thrills, and the explosions! Specially explosions!

There are other places were you can watch relaxing PS2 things:

(07-12-2015 12:25 PM)SerialNumber1221 Wrote:  well done bro awesome vid

(07-12-2015 04:21 PM)A_Stoned_Maori Wrote:  That like was from me bro, top notch video.

Thanks guys, l'm glad you liked it. We should we playing together soon! Smile

R.I.P. Terry Pratchet.

[Image: Firma%20Planetside2_zps2ho4nyyq.png]
Find all posts by this user
09-29-2015, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2015 06:53 PM by Flyingcon.)
One of these days I will wade through some 300 videos and make another montage. But meanwhile, in case you guys were wondering why I don't play in the US servers, it's because of things like this:

All the time, every time. Sad

Btw, when I open the session stats is to show the latency, not to check my stats. Tongue

R.I.P. Terry Pratchet.

09-29-2015, 07:23 PM
(09-29-2015 06:36 PM)Flyingcon Wrote:  One of these days I will wade through some 300 videos and make another montage. But meanwhile, in case you guys were wondering why I don't play in the US servers, it's because of things like this:

All the time, every time. Sad

Btw, when I open the session stats is to show the latency, not to check my stats. Tongue

That's atrocious...i dunno what download speed you normally get, but the issue is clear - your ISP's route to this particular DC is just fucked up...there is NO WAY that canary islands to US mid west should be so high....I got lower pings to the US from India, which is much further away...

There is not much you can do other than run a tracert command if you can work out the IP address of Genudine (to do that you need to set a packet trap on your router)...Once you get the tracert results you need to put them into a IP geo locator or better still use a visual tracert tool from the start..that will show you the physical route and if its not the "way the crow flies" and does intercontintental cris-cross then that will prove the source of the issue..

You may remember I used to get similar effects in MAG - I have put them in videos years ago - and when I investigated, I found that my ISP was routing US bound packets via SF to US east Coast then back to the IP for the MAG server, which was in a Savvis DC in LA....I raised a ticket with my ISP, they confirmed they take cheap routes to save money, I changed ISP and my MAG results improved immediately...true story!

My ping to Genudine is usually around 200-250 which is totally playable....I don't play though, Cities Skylines is just too much of a timesink!

[Image: qUbK2dc.jpg?1]
MURDER, was the case that they gave me.
09-29-2015, 07:48 PM
(09-29-2015 07:23 PM)SerialNumber1221 Wrote:  That's atrocious...i dunno what download speed you normally get, but the issue is clear - your ISP's route to this particular DC is just fucked up...there is NO WAY that canary islands to US mid west should be so high....I got lower pings to the US from India, which is much further away...

There is not much you can do other than run a tracert command if you can work out the IP address of Genudine (to do that you need to set a packet trap on your router)...Once you get the tracert results you need to put them into a IP geo locator or better still use a visual tracert tool from the start..that will show you the physical route and if its not the "way the crow flies" and does intercontintental cris-cross then that will prove the source of the issue..

You may remember I used to get similar effects in MAG - I have put them in videos years ago - and when I investigated, I found that my ISP was routing US bound packets via SF to US east Coast then back to the IP for the MAG server, which was in a Savvis DC in LA....I raised a ticket with my ISP, they confirmed they take cheap routes to save money, I changed ISP and my MAG results improved immediately...true story!

My ping to Genudine is usually around 200-250 which is totally playable....I don't play though, Cities Skylines is just too much of a timesink!

I know dude. Sad

I remember your MAG threads, even used a couple of your tutorials back then. I will try them again.

However, I'm not very optimist. I can't change my ISP because there are no alternatives where I live... Undecided

I think it's more likely to be a PSN problem, tbh. On the good side, I only have issues with this game and on those servers.

I have seen you and Gobby playing Cities Skylines like crazy when I log in to check my account. My pile of steam games to be finished keeps growing and growing.

And speaking of that, and in a completely unrelated note, I decided to go through some of those games a couple of days ago, and I finished "Brothers: A tale of 2 sons", "I have no mouth and I must scream", and "The vanishing of Ethan Carter". After that, trying to cheer myself up, I picked up a novel, which I wont spoil the tittle (no, no GOT), but in which every single sympathetic character ended dying in the most depressing ways.

Thank God I did not pick "Lord of the Flies", or I would have thrown myself from a bridge.

If you have played those games you know what I'm talking about. Moral of the story, don't play all those games the same day and then read a sad book, unless you want to feel empty and depressed. You have been warned. Tongue

R.I.P. Terry Pratchet.