Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Jarryd Hayne
08-25-2015, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2015 06:28 PM by Mordeth2202.)
RE: Jarryd Hayne
(08-25-2015 01:12 AM)A_Stoned_Maori Wrote:  
(08-24-2015 10:11 PM)MaddenUser Wrote:  I read an article about him awhile back but haven't watched him play yet.

Let's see how he does in a real man's game.

Lol..., real mans game? Coming from a Rugby League background I find that offensive! Take off the pads and we'll see aye!!?

REAL men don't need pads..., or a defensive AND offensive team.., Lol!!!

I think you get the idea.

As for Jarryd, he's pretty good, just wanted to see what you'll thought of him.

Your mistake in this though, this coming from a man of many sports, there are a lot more hits in rugby, but the big hits in the NFL are harder and it's because of the pads. Having the pads on put the mentality in your head that you can't be hurt so you hit harder and faster. it's also the fact that usually the big hit stops the play, so the one doing the hitting can put everything he has into the hit, he doesn't have to jump up and go right back into it usually so there is no holding back.

[Image: mordeth.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2015, 06:02 PM
(08-25-2015 03:15 PM)A_Stoned_Maori Wrote:  
(08-25-2015 10:36 AM)MaddenUser Wrote:  A real man wouldn't get offended.

It's ok we know you couldn't handle going to war on the gridiron with that attitude.

Is that how you feel good about yourself guy? By insulting others?

As for war, I'm a Maori bro.

hey i'll run with you sir, I'm a Scottish highlander, mixed with norse Viking, Moms maiden name is McCollum, doesn't get much more Scottish lol. we where right there with you as some of the fiercest warriors in history.

08-25-2015, 06:26 PM
Just for a little illustration.

08-26-2015, 12:11 AM
(08-25-2015 05:57 PM)Mordeth2202 Wrote:  Your mistake in this though, this coming from a man of many sports, there are a lot more hits in rugby, but the big hits in the NFL are harder and it's because of the pads. Having the pads on put the mentality in your head that you can't be hurt so you hit harder and faster. it's also the fact that usually the big hit stops the play, so the one doing the hitting can put everything he has into the hit, he doesn't have to jump up and go right back into it usually so there is no holding back.

Yea you're right I suppose 'cos it looks like these guys are holding back due to lack of 'protection'.

But we are swinging cock now, back on topic, I asked about Hayne just to test response as to whether you US guys think he will make it. I always thought he was a bloody talented League player.
08-26-2015, 12:20 AM
(08-25-2015 06:02 PM)Mordeth2202 Wrote:  
(08-25-2015 03:15 PM)A_Stoned_Maori Wrote:  
(08-25-2015 10:36 AM)MaddenUser Wrote:  A real man wouldn't get offended.

It's ok we know you couldn't handle going to war on the gridiron with that attitude.

Is that how you feel good about yourself guy? By insulting others?

As for war, I'm a Maori bro.

hey i'll run with you sir, I'm a Scottish highlander, mixed with norse Viking, Moms maiden name is McCollum, doesn't get much more Scottish lol. we where right there with you as some of the fiercest warriors in history.

Here's one for you bro..,

It's from the movie "The dead Lands", pity they cut the scene short, is a good fight.
08-26-2015, 01:31 AM
He's gonna make it as long as he stays healthy SF needs a good kick returner
08-26-2015, 09:12 AM
Real men play badminton.

Tank Whore
08-26-2015, 03:57 PM
(08-26-2015 12:11 AM)A_Stoned_Maori Wrote:  
(08-25-2015 05:57 PM)Mordeth2202 Wrote:  Your mistake in this though, this coming from a man of many sports, there are a lot more hits in rugby, but the big hits in the NFL are harder and it's because of the pads. Having the pads on put the mentality in your head that you can't be hurt so you hit harder and faster. it's also the fact that usually the big hit stops the play, so the one doing the hitting can put everything he has into the hit, he doesn't have to jump up and go right back into it usually so there is no holding back.

Yea you're right I suppose 'cos it looks like these guys are holding back due to lack of 'protection'.

But we are swinging cock now, back on topic, I asked about Hayne just to test response as to whether you US guys think he will make it. I always thought he was a bloody talented League player.

it's all in the mind, you would hold back without realizing you are because of self preservation. they still take a hell of a lot of hit cuts bruises and anything else, I wont take anything away from them, they are as men as they come.