Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Platoon Patch
09-08-2015, 07:11 PM
Platoon Patch
We will be updating the US servers tomorrow morning at 6am (Pacific). Expected downtime is approximately 2 hours. The following additions/changes have been made:

Platoons
•Support has been added for platoons. A platoon is a collection of up to four squads working together to accomplish objectives.
•When there are 3 or more players in a squad a platoon can be created. Players can be shifted to different squads by selecting them and choosing the squad where they should be transferred.

Misc
•Added support to change the colors that display on nameplates and the map for the different empires.
•Light Assault now has access to Flash Grenades.
•Heavy Assault now has access to Concussion Grenades.

Bug Fixes

•The Auto Spawn Location on Death Screen will now update correctly if your last spawn point is no longer available.
•Sunderer Cloaking Module now functions correctly.
•Fixed a bug where shields would sometimes not regenerate after taking damage.
•You can now leave aircraft gunner seats when using the ejection control scheme.
•Medal graphics now scroll correctly with the weapon icon on the Infantry loadout UI screen.
•When all 6 character slots are used the UI will show the count correctly on character select.
•Fixed an issue where you could not scroll down a row when there is no item under your currently selected item in the Directives list.
•Fixed issues with changing to outfit voice chat from the radial menu.
•Fixed the names of the Engineer/Medic tools to reflect their upgraded status.
•When upgrading passive skills, after the last skill is purchased , the price no longer reverts to the original default price instead of hiding.
•Aim and Hip Accuracy weapon stat numbers display in the correct order.
•Recently upgraded items now equip the first time you try.
•Low ranking outfit members are no longer taunted with the option to Invite to Outfit when they don't have the permissions to do so.

Sites, Today at 11:59 AM Report

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/ind...-9.232781/

[Image: Shane5484-04.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2015, 08:11 PM
RE: Platoon Patch
That concussion grenade is my favorite heavy's ftw
09-08-2015, 08:51 PM
YAY \o/

Catch some livestream twitch.tv/noobpownin09

DUST*, BF3 or DCUO using my MAIN ACCT "noobpownin09"
battlelog FR me with cyberius85
*= additional ALTS
09-09-2015, 12:52 PM
Maybe I'll start playing this again... Should be more fun with more peeps.

[Image: Cadaver_zpsnfrn2s8o.png]
09-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Ya brother, we need every soldier we can get

09-09-2015, 06:53 PM
Is it possible to turn off who is in your platoon and who is not? What I mean is can I revert what I used to see before the patch, in terms of just seeing my squad-mates and SL? My 1st reason for asking this is the fact that in the course of an hour I've already dropped about 10 friendlies from another squad just because on my screen they showed up as purple dots. If its not blue or green or the occasional yellow, I will shoot at it

My second reason is, with all these additional large dots on my screen with their numbers, it clogs up my mini-map, which during large battles inside buildings , will also get me killed as I will not be able to see potential enemies firing non-silenced weapons.

I'd also like to see only one SL and not two or three just because they are in the same platoon as me, for the average grunt in a squad, all of this is just a lot of unnecessary information clogging up my screen at best and at worst, could lead to a-lot of misunderstandings between me and other allied outfits

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

"Become What is Needed and You will Always Have a Place in the World"
09-09-2015, 08:02 PM
The_Forgotten_13 Wrote:Is it possible to turn off who is in your platoon and who is not? What I mean is can I revert what I used to see before the patch, in terms of just seeing my squad-mates and SL? My 1st reason for asking this is the fact that in the course of an hour I've already dropped about 10 friendlies from another squad just because on my screen they showed up as purple dots. If its not blue or green or the occasional yellow, I will shoot at it

My second reason is, with all these additional large dots on my screen with their numbers, it clogs up my mini-map, which during large battles inside buildings , will also get me killed as I will not be able to see potential enemies firing non-silenced weapons.

I'd also like to see only one SL and not two or three just because they are in the same platoon as me, for the average grunt in a squad, all of this is just a lot of unnecessary information clogging up my screen at best and at worst, could lead to a-lot of misunderstandings between me and other allied outfits

Only advice I can give is switch all enemies to red on the color, or not to run with the platoon

[Image: Ravhin_zpsvzrxgewj.png]
09-09-2015, 08:52 PM
(09-09-2015 08:02 PM)Rav20 Wrote:  
The_Forgotten_13 Wrote:Is it possible to turn off who is in your platoon and who is not? What I mean is can I revert what I used to see before the patch, in terms of just seeing my squad-mates and SL? My 1st reason for asking this is the fact that in the course of an hour I've already dropped about 10 friendlies from another squad just because on my screen they showed up as purple dots. If its not blue or green or the occasional yellow, I will shoot at it

Only advice I can give is switch all enemies to red on the color, or not to run with the platoon

Silly question but on the PC version of this game, did they have any sort of options in their settings menu to do something similar to what I am asking about?

My thinking is that if so, I can just be patient and wait for the next patch to give us those options.

09-09-2015, 09:12 PM
Yes on PC you can set colors for squads on ps4 just faction colors

09-09-2015, 11:51 PM
(09-09-2015 09:12 PM)shane5484 Wrote:  Yes on PC you can set colors for squads on ps4 just faction colors

Ah, so there is hope for me yet,I guess its just something I got to get used to for the time being. Today wasn't too bad, just rolled with a TNCA platoon for an hour or so Alpha squad came up as standard green which is fine. Bravo came up as yellowish orange which is alright I guess, it just looks like everyone is a SL so that's a little weird. Delta squad is black which I have some rendering issues with so I wont be able to see that they are friendly immediately which was a little hazardous but tolerable. My issue comes with Charlie squad which is purple...yeah...you run the wrong helmet with too dark a camo, I will shoot at you, especially infiltrators.

Thanks for responding guys hopefully the devs allow for that squad coloration option to come over to the PS4.