Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Worst Mistake
09-30-2015, 11:53 PM
Star The Worst Mistake
I made was wasting hours of my life on the campaign.

kill. me. pls.

All I wanted was to get the multiplayer weapon unlocks from beating the single player, but to SUFFER through the 5-6 hours of awful dialogue, bad characters, "press E to open door", corridor shoot em ups, I... I can't take it.

Even Call of Duty's campaigns aren't THIS appallingly bad. Your AI teammates are worse than useless: I ordered them to shoot a single enemy standing in open ground 3m away from my squad... And they couldn't. I honestly don't believe your teammates actually do damage. I killed EVERY enemy in the campaign. Your squad just exists to make you wait to move to the next section for them to catch up so you can press E to open door.

The characters are awful. They are annoying and give you orders because surprise surprise, your the silent squad leader protaganist.

The story makes no sense. You go from a cutscene of your squad freezing in a tundra they just escaped from a gulag prison, when they were captured in Shanghai, to suddenly DRIVING IN A JEEP IN THE JUNGLE? W T F? No explanation!!? No, wait, I actually DON'T want an explanation.

The level design is cloned from Call of Duty and made worse. Corridor, corridor, sneak up to kill guard, machine gun every one down, slightly more open area, RPG tank, repeat. ZZZZZzzzZzzz

The ending is the perfect pile of poop. You have to make one of three choices deciding who to save in your squad. Depending who dies you get a multiplayer weapon unlock. I got the worst one first time around, and apparently YOU HAVE TO REPLAY THE CAMPAIGN TWICE TO GET THE OTHER TWO.Angry Angry Angry

What a pile of crap. DICE is almost made a parody of modern military shooters, which would have been funny if it was intentional.

I just wanted to unlock the p90 and m249. Why DICE. I guess I'm not getting those now, because lord knows I'm not going through the campaign two more times.

I could honestly speedrun the game in thirty minutes if there wasn't unskippable cutscenes every five minutes, and if you didn't have to kill every last freakin enemy in the entire area for your AI to advance and let you enter the next zone after a bit of bad dialogue and a cutscene.

SCREW YOU DICE
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2015, 01:54 AM
RE: The Worst Mistake
Lol
Your first mistake was playing Battlefield.

In all honesty, I've played a few Battlefield and MoH campaigns and the only I actually sort of liked was Bad Company 2 (I didn't play the first one). It got bland at times, but the humor in it kept it alive.

I tend to like Treyarch's CoD campaigns, including CoD3. They seem to have better writers than IW, but I digress.

Point is, lolbattlefieldcampaigns

[Image: curby.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-01-2015, 06:20 AM
(10-01-2015 01:54 AM)CptKirby Wrote:  Lol

R.I.P. Terry Pratchet.

[Image: 4HhXMlO.gif]
10-01-2015, 10:25 AM
(10-01-2015 06:20 AM)Flyingcon Wrote:  

It's not BF but Dice is doing SW BF and from what I read, the format is very much like titanfall...I've been playing TitanFall on and off cos I scored a free xbone and it came with it, but geez, the model gets tired pretty quick...Same old arena COD gameplay...I'm not sure how SW BF will actually play out but the moral of the story here is SCREW YOU DICE as JJ said...

[Image: qUbK2dc.jpg?1]
MURDER, was the case that they gave me.
10-01-2015, 10:49 AM

In all honesty, I've played a few Battlefield and MoH campaigns and the only I actually sort of liked was Bad Company 2 (I didn't play the first one). It got bland at times, but the humor in it kept it alive.

I tend to like Treyarch's CoD campaigns, including CoD3. They seem to have better writers than IW, but I digress.

Point is, lolbattlefieldcampaigns

Strangely enough, I really do enjoy Treyarchs campaigns usually. The last two Battlefield campaigns come off as trying to mimic those, and fail miserably. BF is known for big maps and destruction in multiplayer but they give you a linear corridor shooter in singleplayer? I have always thought they should go the SW: Battlefront 2 route and do the "Rise of the 501st" but with a military setting. Make the maps big, make the player multiple soldiers, give some objectives, and tell the story through the fight. It doesn't have to be all set piece moments every mission.

BF4 multiplayer at this point is actually really fun, and I got it for $20 on sale with all five DLCs included. At least on PC its worth it.

But the bogus with the campaign weapon unlocks is awful. Just plain bad.
10-01-2015, 11:39 AM
The last CoD campaign I played was in its entirety was Black Ops II. I got bored with Ghosts about halfway through and when I heard that AW had an equivalent of FoxDie from Metal Gear I couldn't help but to laugh my ass off. When I look at the new BO3 trailer, I simply don't care. It might be the first Treyarch campaign I won't play.

Using the Battlefront II model doesn't sound too bad. They used a similar system in Battlefield 2's campaign for console.

[Image: curby.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user