Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Microtransactions store, cuz we dont have enough of your money.
10-06-2015, 08:03 AM
Microtransactions store, cuz we dont have enough of your money.
Dance Motherfucker

activision;s publisher muscle goin strong on Destiny soon theres going to be a store to take more of your $$$. hopefully its all cosmetic and not P2W or else their PvP is fuuuuuuuuked.

Catch some livestream twitch.tv/noobpownin09

DUST*, BF3 or DCUO using my MAIN ACCT "noobpownin09"
battlelog FR me with cyberius85
*= additional ALTS
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2015, 11:36 AM
RE: Microtransactions store, cuz we dont have enough of your money.
Destiny: pay $60 for the base game, pay $60 for the expansions, and pay more $ to get a cool hat.

Micros are ruining games. It feels like I am playing some terrible mobile game when a game asks me to buy boosts or a new skin for $.99 cents.

In Battlefield 4 you get over half of your weapon accessories from these "Battlepacks". You open a battlepack and get a randomized pool of weapon skins, attachments, camos, XP boosts, and... origin profile pictures...?

The system would be a no-go for me if I wasn't able to technically unlock everything in game by grinding to get service stars for points with every weapon and class and rank. But it still feels biased against the player, because even opening the "gold" battlepack I get like three useless profile pictures, a single camo, and a 12x scope for a shotgun (wut). Its supposedly completely random but I have a feeling the algorithm has a hardcoded tendency to give you crappy drops and attachments for your least used guns.

The grind in Planetside 2 completely turned me off from the game on PC. I played 120 hours and had barely unlocked two guns and some certs. Then they nerfed cert gain and raised prices in the micro store. I just quit. I wasn't keen on paying to begin with, but after that, no way.

It seems like this is the new cash cow for companies, and while I understand the drive for profit, I think as a consumer I'm starting to hit my limit with this. So many recent games have been adding this, and even in full price games. Its almost making me start to miss the days when you just payed $10 for an expansion and that was that. Yeesh

[Image: forum%20warrior%20small.png]
10-06-2015, 12:26 PM
Thats why im currently playing my Super Nintendo :0) and because Fallout 4 is still a month away. But yeah thats sad.

[Image: LionTurtle91.png] [Image: 250.jpg] <---Me :-)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2015, 03:16 PM
ive seen how they have done it with CoD:AW nickle and diming everything then ninja a fundraiser in the middle, just currious how far they will go.

*= additional ALTS
10-06-2015, 03:42 PM
I actually very nearly brought Destiny again today, as I've heard a lot of improvements have been made since TTK came out. It's £50 now in GAME as a whole package, which isn't too bad. (But let's be honest, it should have been released with all this content in the first place for £50).

Glad I didn't. Micro transactions in a game that costs over £100 (for some people) ... nucking futs.

[Image: Cadaver_zpsnfrn2s8o.png]
10-06-2015, 05:22 PM
yea TTK looks good, not convinced on its amount of content almost did the same after watching safadago play some of it.

*= additional ALTS
10-08-2015, 01:29 PM
From what I read the microtransactions will be for emotes until further notice.

Just gonna leave this here

[Image: AlcinaNektaria_zpsavfm219i.png]
10-08-2015, 04:46 PM
its activision it will expand

*= additional ALTS