Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
oJOKERo PS4 FLAGSHIP GAME SURVEY
11-03-2015, 06:11 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 06:17 PM by SerialNumber1221.)
RE: oJOKERo PS4 FLAGSHIP GAME SURVEY
(11-03-2015 09:19 AM)PwnnyClubbD85 Wrote:  save your money on that ram serial you wont ever tap into it unless your running multiple crazy resource-hog programs all at the same time, unless your setting up for beyond 4k

nah bro, besides the gfx card, the ram is the most important thing...and I will use it...PS2 is roughly a 20gb ram disk at the moment, I cant run it stable on my current machine with 24gb rams...and besides I ain't paying...others always fund my fun!

edit: i plan to ramdisk just about every game I play on PC - so games like GTA V - 65gb - i still cannot ramdisk even with 64gb! I need that extra 64gb to go to 128gb to ramdisk that game...

and bro, once you played on a ramdisk, with 7gb read/write speeds, yeah 7gb read/write, it makes EVERY ssd including the new PCI-E card based ssd's seem tottaly shit...even the card based ssd's can only achive less than 3gb transfer rate

believe me, in shooters, especially online, the read write speeds of a ramdisk give a huge advantage

[Image: qUbK2dc.jpg?1]
MURDER, was the case that they gave me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2015, 06:22 PM
(11-03-2015 11:23 AM)Rav20 Wrote:  
SerialNumber1221 Wrote:I'm back on PC bro, and from next week, it will be a lot more, once the new kit is assembled...

*cough* I just got a decent pc gaming rig again *cough*

For reminder I lost my last PC to a water line break a couple years ago

not the top end $2k builds but it works for me

I5-4750
12gb ram
2tb HD (will be putting in an SSD this winter)
Gtx950 gpu

Edit: still ps4 is my mine choice for most games

why u no get at least a 4790k, that's the best proc from the previous generation

11-03-2015, 09:59 PM
(11-03-2015 06:11 PM)SerialNumber1221 Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 09:19 AM)PwnnyClubbD85 Wrote:  save your money on that ram serial you wont ever tap into it unless your running multiple crazy resource-hog programs all at the same time, unless your setting up for beyond 4k

nah bro, besides the gfx card, the ram is the most important thing...and I will use it...PS2 is roughly a 20gb ram disk at the moment, I cant run it stable on my current machine with 24gb rams...and besides I ain't paying...others always fund my fun!

edit: i plan to ramdisk just about every game I play on PC - so games like GTA V - 65gb - i still cannot ramdisk even with 64gb! I need that extra 64gb to go to 128gb to ramdisk that game...

and bro, once you played on a ramdisk, with 7gb read/write speeds, yeah 7gb read/write, it makes EVERY ssd including the new PCI-E card based ssd's seem tottaly shit...even the card based ssd's can only achive less than 3gb transfer rate

believe me, in shooters, especially online, the read write speeds of a ramdisk give a huge advantage

yea jumped to post before fully reading ramdisk is about the only useful need for all that ram

Catch some livestream twitch.tv/noobpownin09

DUST*, BF3 or DCUO using my MAIN ACCT "noobpownin09"
battlelog FR me with cyberius85
*= additional ALTS
11-04-2015, 01:31 AM
(11-03-2015 06:22 PM)SerialNumber1221 Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 11:23 AM)Rav20 Wrote:  
SerialNumber1221 Wrote:I'm back on PC bro, and from next week, it will be a lot more, once the new kit is assembled...

*cough* I just got a decent pc gaming rig again *cough*

For reminder I lost my last PC to a water line break a couple years ago

not the top end $2k builds but it works for me

I5-4750
12gb ram
2tb HD (will be putting in an SSD this winter)
Gtx950 gpu

Edit: still ps4 is my mine choice for most games

why u no get at least a 4790k, that's the best proc from the previous generation

the deal i got on this was to good to pas up, wifey was \nt to happy with this so not pushing...i can also upgrade to an I7 later if i want

[Image: Ravhin_zpsvzrxgewj.png]
11-04-2015, 09:48 AM
I want to build a new PC but I'm in college atm so basically poor. My HDD is dying, I need to upgrade it pretty soon tbh
11-04-2015, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2015 06:25 PM by A_Stoned_Maori.)
There a quite a few MMO's on PC that can hold rather large groups of players, maybe KEQ should 'upgrade' to 4k and forget the conslols.
11-04-2015, 07:37 PM
(11-04-2015 06:25 PM)A_Stoned_Maori Wrote:  conslols

lol what a term

11-04-2015, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2015 09:16 PM by Flyingcon.)
(11-04-2015 06:25 PM)A_Stoned_Maori Wrote:  There a quite a few MMO's on PC that can hold rather large groups of players, maybe KEQ should 'upgrade' to 4k and forget the conslols.

Guild Wars 2 to name one, is free, has beautiful graphics, and is an awesome game. No monthly quotes.

It also has guild vs guild PvP and massive server vs server PvP, fulfilling all the requisites.

PC only.

PD: I don't see myself upgrading to 4k for a couple of years at the least.

R.I.P. Terry Pratchet.

[Image: 4HhXMlO.gif]
11-04-2015, 09:14 PM
As far as I know of there isn't a truly capable single card solution for 4k gaming yet. The closest ones are the ~$600 dollar offerings from AMD/NVIDIA. Running Ultra/Max graphics settings usually won't happen. Granted with that resolution everything still looks drop dead gorgeous on med-high settings but you get my point.

Most people plain don't care about things looking that nice and instead prefer things to just simply work out of the box. Consoles provide that to the best degree even if they do so by sacrificing everything nice about a PC. It is essentially a Mac for the living room but instead of doing creative it does gaming. Yes, if you get a Mac for anything other than creative production I'll probably laugh because Bungie no longer makes games for solely Mac and they were the only good thing about Mac gaming back in the day.

Point being, there is nothing wrong with consoles, just like their Mac counterparts they have a set purpose. However you do pay a premium for that and if you honestly want to work for it you can obviously get better value elsewhere. Keep in mind value is subjective and what I may consider valuable, such as control and power over as much of my purchase as possible, a console is overpriced garbage. You may think that such features are garbage and decide sacrificing that freedom for simply gaming is value.

Please, if you want to start an elite war at least be objective about it. I mean least with a PC you can pull up research to point things out much faster than someone using a console. Big Grin

Paving the way clear with Honor!

[Image: TheBlogFromTheCore20051118.gif]

All the Red Dots have to do in order to corner me is to rig a trap with a tuna sandwich. I am kinda stupid that way...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2015, 09:46 PM
(11-04-2015 09:09 PM)Flyingcon Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 06:25 PM)A_Stoned_Maori Wrote:  There a quite a few MMO's on PC that can hold rather large groups of players, maybe KEQ should 'upgrade' to 4k and forget the conslols.

Guild Wars 2 to name one, is free, has beautiful graphics, and is an awesome game. No monthly quotes.

It also has guild vs guild PvP and massive server vs server PvP, fulfilling all the requisites.

PC only.

PD: I don't see myself upgrading to 4k for a couple of years at the least.

Didn't realise guild wars 2 was free, that's me, downloading now. I've been on Wildstar, that games is pretty cool and bloody nice looking!!