Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
KEQ Multimedia Center?
11-03-2015, 09:01 AM
KEQ Multimedia Center?
Is there a centralized KEQ media center for like Twitch and stuff? I think it'd be neat to have a channel team dedicated to KEQ. Might help draw in new members and be a great way to introduce the clan to new games. I know a little bit about Twitch channels that could make it possible to have a shared KEQ page where trusted KEQ community members can stream to with their main account if I understand the methods correctly.

Paving the way clear with Honor!

[Image: TheBlogFromTheCore20051118.gif]

All the Red Dots have to do in order to corner me is to rig a trap with a tuna sandwich. I am kinda stupid that way...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2015, 09:17 AM
RE: KEQ Multimedia Center?
i know you can do stream teams but that's for ppl who are partnered who can create it, i do believe anyone can have an invite to my knowledge.

Catch some livestream twitch.tv/noobpownin09

DUST*, BF3 or DCUO using my MAIN ACCT "noobpownin09"
battlelog FR me with cyberius85
*= additional ALTS
Find all posts by this user
11-03-2015, 09:24 AM
Anyone can make a channel and then send invites to be an authorized broadcaster for the channel.

Look here:

Members of your channel are able to stream video to your channel page with one of the advanced broadcasting applications. Add or remove members that you have authorized to stream to your channel page.

We will send a new stream key to the email address you specify with instructions for broadcasting. This stream key will let the recipient broadcast on your channel.

Basically that means you don't technically need to be partnered to make a "team" as you can just use a KEQ master account. The bad part is only one person can stream to it at a time however if we had different games lined up at different times that could work still.

All the Red Dots have to do in order to corner me is to rig a trap with a tuna sandwich. I am kinda stupid that way...
11-03-2015, 09:31 AM
well the stream team is more of a roster/link to channel list but yea granting key access would work on doing a schedule broadcast

Catch some livestream twitch.tv/noobpownin09

DUST*, BF3 or DCUO using my MAIN ACCT "noobpownin09"
battlelog FR me with cyberius85
*= additional ALTS
11-03-2015, 09:35 AM
That's what I was thinking. Have a channel with a rotating roster or something.

11-03-2015, 10:57 AM
I always thought you had to pay Twitch a small charge to stream? Or am I just crazy?
Either way if we wanted to do that it would have to have some kind of hook that would get people interested and make us different from the thousands of orher 5 viewer streams

[Image: forum%20warrior%20small.png]
11-03-2015, 11:11 AM
(11-03-2015 10:57 AM)JJordawg Wrote:  I always thought you had to pay Twitch a small charge to stream? Or am I just crazy?
Either way if we wanted to do that it would have to have some kind of hook that would get people interested and make us different from the thousands of orher 5 viewer streams

I haven't paid a dime to actually stream.

Also, it takes time and commitment to build up. Granted yes, some casters are probably going to have a limited audience for various reasons but like it has a certain fun factor to it so I think it'd be worth at least trying out. I know some of the Planetside 2 guys stream so there are obviously members who want to do this in some fashion.

11-03-2015, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 11:43 AM by Rav20.)
I know me, rob, and sixstring stream at least 3-4 nights a week.

Sometimes we get 2-3each viewers a night other times 10-20

None of use do it for trying to get famous or like a job like some twitch people do
We do it mostly for the interaction, it gives a chance to show they game you like and maybe get more people into that game.

As far as spending money on twitch I know there are things you can spend money on, but none if it is required, I've spent 0 and never intend to

Edit: also I'm sure we would be down for doing like a set time for a KEQ team channel, I know each of us has been able to recruit players into KEQ from our streams for PS2

[Image: Ravhin_zpsvzrxgewj.png]
11-04-2015, 09:45 AM
Huh. I don't know where I got that idea.

Anyways, I think a dedicated KEQ channel would be neat. Especially just to get that interaction with people and get them interested in KEQ.

[Image: forum%20warrior%20small.png]