10-29-2016, 12:21 PM
RE: Honor & Duty - Releases 11/1 - Codes for advance copies
@PwnnyClubbD85

PM sent.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2016, 09:53 AM
I've only had time to play for maybe 15 minutes but here's my first impressions.

Controls were smooth and nice options for sensitivity and acceleration which you don't always see in games. However, I would like a melee button to punch those jerks when they get too close.

Difficulty was challenging which is a good thing. Too many games these days are dumbed down to easy mode for these crybaby kids that can't handle losing.

Overall the game seemed to run great in the limited time I've played so far. The only downside for me is that it isn't really my style of game so I'm not sure how much I'll play it going forward. However, thanks for the opportunity.

[Image: MaddenPS2_zpswreyu65x.png]
10-30-2016, 12:50 PM
(10-30-2016 09:53 AM)MaddenUser Wrote:  I would like a melee button to punch those jerks when they get too close.

Thanks for taking time to play it. Yea, melee wasn't ready in time but that's been added and will go in with the first update.

Do you think the difficulty is potentially too hard? The problem is that when you play a game for 6 months during development, you get pretty good at it and you lose perspective on how hard it will be for new players.

Thanks again,
Reggie
10-30-2016, 04:48 PM
I wouldn't call it too hard so far but it is definitely challenging. The enemies drop pretty easy but they are dam good shots. And there starts to be a lot of them.

I'm finding that aiming down sight is actually way worse than just hip firing. The muzzle flash gets in the way of ADS and doesn't seem to an advantage with aim speed or bullet spread.

I haven't gotten stuck on any terrain elements at all which is a big plus for me. Too many games get you hung up on stupid shit that shouldn't stop you from moving.

The controls seem a bit quick to me but with how fast those enemies get the drop on you it's probably a good thing. Also I haven't played anything in 4 months so everything would probably seem too fast for me right now.

I haven't played too long but the weapon systems seem confusing. Not sure what gun I'm using to find it in the ammo crate and buy ammo for it.

The radar works nice and overall the game looks great and plays nice for an indie project. I'm thoroughly impressed by what you've put together.

[Image: BigSis_zpsf0609893.jpg]
[Image: KEQNeon_zpshmxnccsb.gif]
10-30-2016, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2016 04:53 PM by LionTurtle91.)
I killed everything :o

[Image: LionTurtle91.png] [Image: 250.jpg] <---Me :-)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-02-2016, 12:33 PM
Thanks to everyone who provided feedback. I still haven't heard from a lot of people and I'm working on a patch at the moment. It would be great to get any last feedback on things so I can incorporate it in with the update.

Thanks,
Reggie
11-02-2016, 01:18 PM
I had a lot to say but didnt know where to start lol I've been very busy with classes and work recently but I'll try and put some feedback on by the end of the week.

11-02-2016, 06:03 PM
I agree with APP that aiming down the scope didnt give a benefit and I spent most of my time hip firing. I also thought that some of the spawns were odd because they didn't trigger until I was right in the middle of them and then I had to turn around and run back a bit to even have a chance.

[Image: TimbosRifterResize.png]
11-03-2016, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2016 12:30 PM by LionTurtle91.)
So i played till the end of the game and did the last wave twice.

My big concern was the first stage of progressing through the rocky environment. When i initially played i stopped halfway through that stage because i thought the whole game would be like that and was bored quick.

Looking through the scores i noticed the other KEQ guys that played didn't get past that initial stage (Maybe APP did), i don't know if that is because time constraint or other obligations but i know for me it was because i lost interest right away.

However, when i decided to give it another shot and got past that stage i thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the game with the added depth of protecting a base and barracks and everything else. I also love wave type survival game mode so its my type of game.

My point to this is first impressions are big especially now a days in this zero intention span generation. So I'd suggest maybe making that first stage a optional tutorial? Just a suggestion of course, i don't know your plans with the game in adding more stage or multiplayer or whatever.

In terms of game mechanics, i like the speed, different than other games, i like the soldiers, weapon and overall design of the game.

As the other guys said, ADS offers little benefit and the muzzle flash makes it very hard to see enemies.

Like Timbo said, the spawning in the first stage got annoying at times as they'd spawn on you, of course easily avoidable if you know the spawn points, but takes away from your freedom to move around.

In the final stage, the air base, towards the last round, certain spawns (which are at random locations), dictated how difficult it would be. Specifically, the spawn on the left side of the map by the rocks, i felt the enemies were too close to the building. I still beat it under that spawn, but i felt it made it unbalanced, or luck of the draw depending on where they'd spawn.

Anything not automatic i felt wasn't very beneficial, especially in the higher rounds, I used the shotty and tried everything out, but with how many spawn its impossible to kill as fast, so id try and balance the guns more or give more incentive to using other guns aside from those 2 automatic 70 clip guns.

I found that in some stages, certain spawns were extremely easy to camp if you had your gun and ran up and held R1 as they spawned in. So maybe consider spawn points a bit more, not sure how else to mess with it.

I enjoyed the game and look forward to updates and to see how multiplayer comes along! Let us know if you need more testing/feedback for an update.

11-04-2016, 08:56 PM
im interested.... havent been on here in a wile but im still on my ps4 every other day, an on the weekends. with school an work

[Image: uu.jpg]