RE: Project nova aka Dust 514
New vid from the other day....reminds me of dust promo

[Image: qUbK2dc.jpg?1]
MURDER, was the case that they gave me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2018, 03:27 PM
Heres one for Madden too, spider man running @ 60fps on a pc, in 4k, something which a ps4 cannot do as its locked to 30fps. Interesting.

10-24-2018, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2018 02:13 PM by SerialNumber1221.)
Nova has co-op PvE....maybe its going to be a destiny clone...if so its probably a very small scale PvP...lets see

More footage

10-24-2018, 09:43 PM
They only showcased their pve (4player co op), do believe pvp is 32v32. Most of the guns are being reimagined.

Then when everything is fleshed out they have ideas on how we will fuck with eve pilots

Catch some livestream twitch.tv/noobpownin09

DUST*, BF3 or DCUO using my MAIN ACCT "noobpownin09"
battlelog FR me with cyberius85
*= additional ALTS
10-25-2018, 06:38 PM
(10-23-2018 03:27 PM)SerialNumber1221 Wrote:  Heres one for Madden too, spider man running @ 60fps on a pc, in 4k, something which a ps4 cannot do as its locked to 30fps. Interesting.

Honestly, I don't see a difference. I never do on these dorky frame rate "gotcha" moments.

Also, nova seems to be promising everything dust did. I'm not falling for their tricks again.

[Image: MaddenPS2_zpswreyu65x.png]
10-25-2018, 07:16 PM
(10-25-2018 06:38 PM)MaddenUser Wrote:  Honestly, I don't see a difference. I never do on these dorky frame rate "gotcha" moments.

Also, nova seems to be promising everything dust did. I'm not falling for their tricks again.

I think you can only tell the difference after playing games on pc for a while, using a decent gpu and monitor. Lot of people just do not want to play consoles after that. The difference in quality is stark.

Once you play at well over 144fps then its very hard to accept less. Especially when you have to shoot stuff in multiplayer.

On the Nova i'm keen to have a look at the gunplay in the alpha for pvp. It looks a lot like dust but i hated dust after about the 3rd build and i wont be surprised if history repeats.

10-26-2018, 02:52 PM
I just read that Nova is merely a space fps with no vehicles, and no tie to eve other than aesthetics and lore. What’s the point? To attract eve fans to this? They already proved eve guys aren’t that interested in fps. They mentioned a quote from the lead guy saying he hopes to attract the mag and dust crowd. Sounds like they are missing the point of what attracted players to mag and subsequently to dust. Fuckin CCP

[Image: BigSis_zpsf0609893.jpg]
[Image: KEQNeon_zpshmxnccsb.gif]
10-26-2018, 03:42 PM
(10-26-2018 02:52 PM)A-P-P-Baby Wrote:  I just read that Nova is merely a space fps with no vehicles, and no tie to eve other than aesthetics and lore. What’s the point? To attract eve fans to this? They already proved eve guys aren’t that interested in fps. They mentioned a quote from the lead guy saying he hopes to attract the mag and dust crowd. Sounds like they are missing the point of what attracted players to mag and subsequently to dust. Fuckin CCP

Yeah i dunno about vehicles but the whole co-op versus AI is not what MAG was about.

As for the Eve connection i think they said no connection at first,they want to build a solid fps first and then think about the eve integration.

If they wanted to get a MAG crowd they need to pay particular attention to map design and objectives that cascade from the multiple outside to singular inside, if they are to give matches the same sense of urgency.

I will give it a go but i don't think they know what they are doing now that i know it has co-op.

10-26-2018, 04:04 PM
(10-26-2018 02:52 PM)A-P-P-Baby Wrote:  They mentioned a quote from the lead guy saying he hopes to attract the mag and dust crowd.

Lolwut? Where?

[Image: curby.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-26-2018, 09:06 PM
(10-26-2018 04:04 PM)CptKirby Wrote:  
(10-26-2018 02:52 PM)A-P-P-Baby Wrote:  They mentioned a quote from the lead guy saying he hopes to attract the mag and dust crowd.

Lolwut? Where?

Quote: "We want to provide an alternative that is for a hardcore community in the beginning," Árnason says. "We hope the Dust 514 community will pick it up, and I hope the MAG [another PS3 MMOFPS] community will pick it up too. There's this roving barbarian horde of people that want something deeper than a triple-A game. They need a home, and I think Nova could be that home for those players."

https://www.pcgamer.com/project-nova-preview/

[Image: BigSis_zpsf0609893.jpg]
[Image: KEQNeon_zpshmxnccsb.gif]