Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Socom revival
01-03-2019, 10:54 AM
Socom revival
Some industry ppl are talking bout Sony reviving socom series. Nothing soon, but feels like a probable PS5 thing.

Did we ever find out who got their hands on zipper's IP's thought we had an old post stating insomniac or naughty dog?

Catch some livestream twitch.tv/noobpownin09

DUST*, BF3 or DCUO using my MAIN ACCT "noobpownin09"
battlelog FR me with cyberius85
*= additional ALTS
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2019, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2019 02:04 PM by MaddenUser.)
RE: Socom revival
[Image: giphy.gif]

Let's just hope they don't screw it up.

[Image: MaddenPS2_zpswreyu65x.png]
01-03-2019, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2019 04:56 PM by SerialNumber1221.)
(01-03-2019 10:54 AM)PwnnyClubbD85 Wrote:  Some industry ppl are talking bout Sony reviving socom series. Nothing soon, but feels like a probable PS5 thing.

Did we ever find out who got their hands on zipper's IP's thought we had an old post stating insomniac or naughty dog?

It was me who found that the MAG forums were hosted under Naughty Dog a while ago...a few years ago now...

Kirby checked it out and Naughty Dog responded in the negative, about MAG.

Nobody asked about SOCOM.

[Image: qUbK2dc.jpg?1]
MURDER, was the case that they gave me.
01-03-2019, 10:20 PM
Yeah my forum magic is not on point but I did remember that one of the two devs in Sony's umbrella may of had it. Guess it's been in talks of revival since '17. Curious to see if that will get the shooter genre out of the shitter. At least for consoles. PC has some hope with tarkov, WW3, and a few others.

*= additional ALTS
01-03-2019, 10:47 PM
(01-03-2019 10:20 PM)PwnnyClubbD85 Wrote:  Yeah my forum magic is not on point but I did remember that one of the two devs in Sony's umbrella may of had it. Guess it's been in talks of revival since '17. Curious to see if that will get the shooter genre out of the shitter. At least for consoles. PC has some hope with tarkov, WW3, and a few others.

Well on PC a bunch of us are awaiting Planetside Arena (basically the 250 vs 250 mode) which should go into beta soon....

Notice you have't been on Steam for a while...

Re Socom this is a few years old but it's quoting Yoshida...so who really knows

https://gamingbolt.com/yoshida-explains-...ng-balance

[Image: qUbK2dc.jpg?1]
MURDER, was the case that they gave me.
01-04-2019, 02:54 PM
Yeah recently moved need to mount my monitors on my wall and pick up some long ass HDMI cords since my new place has no room for a desk so my PC has been a nightstand the past 2 months.

Recent socom talks has been from some other insider not familiar with the name.

And the PS2 BR I'm curious since it seems like the classes will perform differently than they do in the full game

*= additional ALTS