Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
corona madness
04-19-2020, 06:27 AM
RE: corona madness
(04-18-2020 05:43 PM)CptKirby Wrote:  
(04-18-2020 06:18 AM)gobbybobby Wrote:  [...]hopefully things never go back to normal.

What do you mean by that?

Pollution is at an all-time low, I live in the city centre and during my 1 hour of daily exercise it's very nice not seeing many cars on the road or planes in the sky, hopefully, people now realising they can work from home continue to do so. Many airlines are going to go bust and coronavirus is going to be around likely till the end of the year maybe even beyond I expect air travel will not return to its peak for many years and with Climate change hopefully never again.

UK retail was in a bad state before this crisis and every day X chain is entering administration from small chains with a few hundred shops up to the biggest names in UK retail on the brink of going bust, more people are shopping online than ever before, this is going to be the biggest change to retail space ever. (all non Food/ essential stores are not allowed to open, likely be another 3 weeks before they can reopen most are going to go busy even with government loans)

Right now any company can furlough there staff and the government will pay 80% of there salary until June, the last 10 years have seen benefits (or welfare as its called in the US) payments reduced, harder to claim but now suddenly loads of people are finding they need to claim, and may have been voting for the party that has cut it, and find it hard to claim hopefully leading to some of the changes reversed in the coming years especially if the coming recession lasts multiple years.

in short
The world will never be the same and that's a good thing.

[Image: 76561198008010128.png]

[Image: 5428010618014145457.png]

Blog: http://gobbybobbyy.blogspot.co.uk/
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/gobbybobby
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2020, 10:25 PM
So how's everyone's corner of the world? NZ is looking at dropping to Lvl 2, allowing international trade, travel etc to start back up. Apparentley we've had 21 deaths so far, but a family of one guy said he was already terminal with cancer and should have died already so who know how many folks died in reality. So how's your part of our world looking? US? UK? EU? SA? Aus? Ca?

Chur whanau.
Find all posts by this user
05-10-2020, 10:32 AM
(05-09-2020 10:25 PM)A_Stoned_Maori Wrote:  So how's everyone's corner of the world? NZ is looking at dropping to Lvl 2, allowing international trade, travel etc to start back up. Apparentley we've had 21 deaths so far, but a family of one guy said he was already terminal with cancer and should have died already so who know how many folks died in reality. So how's your part of our world looking? US? UK? EU? SA? Aus? Ca?

Chur whanau.

The local restrictions were lifted on Monday and I’ve never seen the stores so busy as they were this weekend. We’ve only had 2 confirmed cases in my area so far but the next couple weeks will probably be the real test with everyone running around again.

[Image: 94DU42h.png]
05-14-2020, 11:42 AM
I'm still out of work till my state allows restaurants to reopen, no idea when that will be. might look into changing my line of work if its not soonish. been chilling aside from that just playing some valorant and bannerlord and tarkov here and there

ROFL- for every one that falls a thousand shall rise to take his place
"fear us for we are a machine of death.
a machine of destruction.
we.are.the machine."

Lord of waffles and waffle like dishes
05-21-2020, 01:10 PM
(05-14-2020 11:42 AM)theschizogenious Wrote:  I'm still out of work till my state allows restaurants to reopen, no idea when that will be. might look into changing my line of work if its not soonish. been chilling aside from that just playing some valorant and bannerlord and tarkov here and there

You should look into changing your line of work anyways. The restaurant game sucks and I will never go back.

[Image: 94DU42h.png]
05-24-2020, 03:48 PM
(05-21-2020 01:10 PM)MaddenUser Wrote:  
(05-14-2020 11:42 AM)theschizogenious Wrote:  I'm still out of work till my state allows restaurants to reopen, no idea when that will be. might look into changing my line of work if its not soonish. been chilling aside from that just playing some valorant and bannerlord and tarkov here and there

You should look into changing your line of work anyways. The restaurant game sucks and I will never go back.

bartendings fun and easy money, even if I switch to a "real" job i'd still look at working weekends in the industry for the cash

ROFL- for every one that falls a thousand shall rise to take his place
"fear us for we are a machine of death.
a machine of destruction.
we.are.the machine."

Lord of waffles and waffle like dishes
05-25-2020, 09:08 PM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2020 09:14 PM by rraymondo316.)
(05-09-2020 10:25 PM)A_Stoned_Maori Wrote:  So how's everyone's corner of the world? NZ is looking at dropping to Lvl 2, allowing international trade, travel etc to start back up. Apparentley we've had 21 deaths so far, but a family of one guy said he was already terminal with cancer and should have died already so who know how many folks died in reality. So how's your part of our world looking? US? UK? EU? SA? Aus? Ca?

Chur whanau.

Well our clueless leader has made a right mess of this and pretty much made every mistake you could possibly make in handling this situation. The latest shambles of the governments chief advisor breaking lockdown rules has caused a massive backlash from the general public and has lead to a lot of people now saying ''fuck it I'm going out to do whatever I want now''

Social distancing has gone right out the window, the beaches and parks are jam packed and we are well on course for our second peak and no doubt having to enforce stricter measures AGAIN.

We have the the worst prime minister at the worst time possible. How I'd love to have your PM in charge of this country.....someone who took this seriously and actually seems to know what they're doing.

We ended up with a clown who let the virus spread out of control and just told us to wash our hands, take it on the chin and prepare for our loved ones to die. The silly twat even joked about shaking hands with covid patients in a hospital and then ended up nearly dying from the virus 3-4 weeks later.

This sums it up really well

[Image: 5428010618039276417.png]